PDA

View Full Version : Metla et al

Greg S
03-12-2003, 03:16 PM
I just noticed that Metla appears to be a pc/component reseller. If I'm right it would be quite cool to have an email address to get for quotes when I/we need to upgrade an item.

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable for any PF1 regulars to announce the fact, so that we could possibly support the supporters.

I guess this may go against "the rules" (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=40651) but I'd be happy for any reseller to email me privately with their work addresses.

antmannz
03-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Same.

Biggles
03-12-2003, 03:29 PM
No problem with that, especially if commerce then takes place via email. Just don't random, unsolicited commercial spamming of the board.

metla
03-12-2003, 03:30 PM
The problem is that due to the added cost of delivery i cant give people in Auckland a price thats better or as good as whats available locally,For instance a monitor costs me 30 odd bucks delivery to my end then an additional 30 odd dollars to send it to someone.

Plus there is many out there working on a 5 dollar mark up(especially in Auckland),i don't/can't work on those sort of margins.

I belive i offer good value in my area(and things are always open to negotian)but Most are better either going local or cheapest.

Oh,and on 2 prior occasions i have listed my website address here,im trying not to make a habit of it,though i will add it to my profile in a couple minutes.

Which reminds me,the entire site needs a price/stock overhaul,i better get onto that sometime today.

Greg S
03-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Maybe even a FAQ where any regulars could simply list their PC product or service - have it moderated so it's not abused. The only thing that might get in the way is if a future PF1 sponsor's products overlapped with a PF1 regular's

Chilling_Silently
03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
That sounds like a good idea...

A listing of PressF1'ers and the services they offer that people can peruse at their leasure...!

stu140103
03-12-2003, 04:04 PM
I have to agree that is a good idea too!

Biggles
03-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I've got no objection to it. You might want to make any email addys you post in a FAQ "poisoned" for auto agents though to prevent them been harvested into spam lists -- ie. joe(removethisbit)blogs@isp.co.nz

Jester
03-12-2003, 06:16 PM
> Which reminds me,the entire site needs a price/stock
> overhaul,i better get onto that sometime today.

Nice site you have there mate

Susan B
03-12-2003, 09:07 PM
> For instance a monitor costs me 30 odd bucks delivery to my end then an additional 30 odd dollars to send it to someone.

Are you not able to have the wholesaler send products directly to your customers after they paid you? Why would you have to have things sent to you first??

metla
03-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Because i insist on inspecting the product,i then record the exact make/model and serial number of the component.The date of sale,the order number and what ever else i think is relevent.

This is to protect myself from someone ordering say...a fx5900,then returning a fx5200 to me insisting they were delivered the wrong product.

I have been sent the wrong products,had stuff go missing in transit and been delivered dead components numerous times before,Lets just say sorting the mess out with the suppliers can be a little bit of a headache,let alone introducing another party into the fray.

Oh,and because my main supplier told me they don't provide that service.

........................HA.

Susan B
03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Oh OK, fair enough, I hadn't thought of that. :-)

Dolby Digital
03-12-2003, 09:42 PM
>>a fx5900,then returning a fx5200 to me insisting they were delivered the wrong product.
Who would be so low as to do that eh? :O

albatross
04-12-2003, 12:05 AM
I don`t quite understand rule 7 either