PDA

View Full Version : MSWord to Word perfect

Drake
03-12-2003, 06:18 AM
I prefer to work in Word perfect but sometimes I get a MSWord document I want to paste into a Word perfect document. How can I do this?...Thanks, Drake

mark.p
03-12-2003, 07:04 AM
Do ypu mean past the whole doc or part of it? You should just be able to cut and past what you want when Word and WordPerfect( I'm asumming its a Windows version of WP)

You can try saving the Word document as (Save As) Rich Text Format or rtf for short. Better still get folk to send you rtf docs only (the majority of word proceessing proggies can read this format). You will get an error saying the some formating will be lost-click ok and try to open the rtf version in WordPerfect. The original Word document will still be as is so no need to worry about losing it.

Robin S_
03-12-2003, 12:36 PM
You don't mention which versions of Word and WP you are using. Word 6, for instance, could save documents in WP 5.1 for DOS and 5.x for Windows formats. Presumably later versions can do the same. If you have a version of Word that will open your Word documents you can hopefully resave in an appropriate WP format. If you don't have Word, you can probably get by by downloading Word97Viewer from MS. This will open your Word documents and you should then be able to paste them into a Windows-based version of WP.