PDA

View Full Version : dpi settings

effie C
02-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi,
I am guilty of fiddling- Iknow- BUT in experimenting with the amount of work on my desktop - I tried the highest dpi settings- did not like it and reverted to 1024 X 768 at the top of the line "32 bit colour" for my computer-BUT my wallpaper has gone fuzzy and even in "my pictures" there is a white boundary around pictures that previously were showing edge to edge, of the sample.
What settings have I mucked up?
I went into "webshots" and redownloaded some of the pictures- they did, but again are showing at best smaller than the black surround in the folder "my pictures" and when applied as wallpaper- are also very fuzzy- go to "center" instead of "stretch" and the picture is crystal clear but far to small- almost a thumbnail size-
what was an experiment as per above has caused disaster, as the settings should have all reverted to the previous settings.
I even went into XP "reset to a previous time"- which regained a file I had deleted but has NOT regained my dpi clarity
Complicated- yes- sorry - but what can I do?
Effie C

Greg S
02-12-2003, 01:30 PM
I think you should reinstall your monitor and videao card drivers. Hopefully you haven't stuffed the monitor, because too high resolution at too high refresh rate can do that :(

Brian
02-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Try setting the colour settings to 16 bit...

effie C
02-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi,
Thanks Brian - I tried that
Greg S - I am operating at 60hertz which is low- and the small(center- setting) picture- that is perfect and other pictures are also perfect, as are the icons on my desk top- it is just that the few wallpaper pictures I want ( as in something different) don't reset to the higher dpi
As to re installing the monitor drivers- where would I get them?- off the CD?
effie c

Greg S
02-12-2003, 02:41 PM
> As to re installing the monitor drivers- where would
> I get them?- off the CD?

Yes. If not, then go to the manufacturer's website and download them.