PDA

View Full Version : question on faq9a

merlin-nz
01-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Hi,

A wee question about FAQ 9a,

In the Windows Folder there is a Folder called <Temporary Internet Folder> From that Folder there is a sub folder called <Content.IE5>.

Upon trying to delete this folder I get <The folder 'Content.IE5' is a system folder. If you delete it, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly. Are you sure you want to delete this folder and move all its contents to the Recycle Bin?>

Do I go aheat and delete this folder or just the contents of said folder.
Apon say this there is also 4 more sub folder under <Content.IE5> called <8LIJC563 andGLARKXAZ andGLUV09QR andOPQ34HU7>.

Hell its a confusing computer world.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

Oh I'm running Winblows me

Susan B
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Hi Merlin :-)

> In the Windows Folder there is a Folder called <Temporary Internet Folder> From that Folder there is a sub folder called <Content.IE5>.

No, you should not be deleting the folder itself nor the sub-folders within. Does it say in FAQ 9a that you can? I have had a look but am pretty tired and may have missed it.

That folder and sub-folders are for Internet Explorer's History, etc and the reason there are those sub-folders is for some kind of "security". The contents are emptied when you follow the instructions in the FAQ:

To empty the temporary internet files close all browser windows and go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>General. In the Temporary Internet Files section click on Delete Files and OK.

Don't forget that EasyCleaner will do the job nicely for you.

Hope that explains things a bit better. :-)

tweak\'e
01-12-2003, 09:15 PM
see faq 9b ;-)

basicly with winME you need boot to DOS with a boot disk and delete the temp internet folder. this gets rid of the folders and index.dat.

merlin-nz
01-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks guys for those replies,
Will give it another go tomorrow and this time make sure I follow the rules excectly.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)