PDA

View Full Version : icq lite & sms

_david_
01-12-2003, 05:40 PM
hi, i have been sending txts to 021 phones from icq lite for ages, just recently i noticed that a different provider seems to be sending the txts to vodaphone.i think it used to be maybe fastrack?, now it is SMART Communications, Inc.

just wondering if anyone else is having the same probs, and if there are any known issues with icq lite and txting.

cheers

agent
01-12-2003, 07:12 PM
There have been two threads on this recently.

The fact lies with the matter that the provider used to be FarEasTell (or something like that), but is now, as you said, Smart Communications.

Since this change, people have been having trouble sending SMS messages to mobile numbers in New Zealand. As far as I know, this would be an isolated problem for us.

It applies to all ICQ-to-SMS messages, not just ICQ Lite.

_david_
02-12-2003, 06:25 PM
thanks, i looked up the other threads and i tried to download the software u recommended but i found the file to be short of 4 bytes or something like that? just wondering if there is another place i can download this still in zip format?

thanks again
dave.

agent
02-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately I cannot remember where I downloaded the program.

However, I don't think it's worth downloading it, because I have never gotten it to work, and from the sounds of it, no one else did.

If you want to try and find it, search on Google for "smswiz.zip". I can't upload the file again because of an obscure and unhelpful error I'm now getting, so there goes that method.