PDA

View Full Version : Removing items from toolbar list...

Mcpisik
30-11-2003, 08:20 PM
Hi there, I would like to remove an item or 2 from the drop down list that appears, when I right click the tool bar at the top of a window....eg. 3dna is listed (I would like to remove it). It's listed in there with others like: STANDARD BUTTONS.....ADDRESS BAR....LINKS....etc. Any ideas O knowledgeable ones?

Steve Askew
30-11-2003, 08:27 PM
1st have a look in add/remove programs & see if any are listed there.
I would also run adaware or spybot search & destroy as some toolbars are well known spyware progs.

Cheers steve

Mcpisik
01-12-2003, 06:25 AM
3dna was a program I installed (demo), that I uninstalled quite a while back, but I have checked in add/remove and nothings showing there. Its just the drop down list that's showing the name (nothing is added to toolbar if I click it). Thanks for your suggestion tho....Cheers. (I have done a search for it in my comp, but no items are found)

Steve Askew
01-12-2003, 08:41 AM
If it bothers you to much you could go into the registry & remove it from there, but if its not bothering you I would leave it as is.

Cheers Steve

dotcommander
01-12-2003, 08:20 PM
View>>>toolbars>>>customize>>>add or remove

Mike
01-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Try opening your Registry (Start > Run > REGEDIT)

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar in the left hand list, and then from the right hand list delete the 3dna toolbar option.

Don't muck around more than you have to in the registry because you can stuff it up (and that could mean your computer won't work anymore). Trust me, I've done it several times before :D

Also don't delete more than what you're sure you can, for the same reasons. Let me know how you get on.

Mike.

Mcpisik
05-12-2003, 09:24 AM
hey Mike, that worked like a gem. Deleted it from the registry and then I got the hell out of there! Thanks for your help. Dot...thanks for your help too, but unfortunately it wasnt a standard toolbar item. Cheers!