PDA

View Full Version : Easy CD creator

Lois Jill
30-11-2003, 05:47 PM
I am relatively new to this game - I inherited a computer which had Windows 98 and among other things Easy CD creator on it. My son recently updated my machine to XP. Foolishly I assumed that I could reload Easy CD and did so - only to put XP into a hissy fit about non-compatible software - so I removed Easy CD but my machine keeps saying I have unsuitable files still "which could make my system unstable" or some such. Fine - but how do I find out what the files are that are left or, as XP has "disabled" such file - how do I stop the message coming up? Please can anyone help an older 'newbie'?

Susan B
30-11-2003, 06:22 PM
What I would do is try a System Restore and see if that fixes your problem. Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Click OK and see if there are any restore points available to before you install Easy CD Creator.

You will not lose any of your own data files performing a System Restore.

Let us know how you get on.

parry
30-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi Lois, take a look at this link (http://the-predator.tripod.com/dell/ecd6.html). Item #8 about compatibility with XP if you want to retain EasyCd otherwise to uninstall ver 4 see #1 or uninstall ver 5 #9.

hth :-)

Lois Jill
07-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks to Susan B and parry for helpful replies. Too chicken to do it on my own but with my son's help have got rid of the unwanted files and the annoying message - and thrown Easy Cd creator disc into File 13!! We were not game to try the registry bit - but at present have plenty of disc space free so not worried about it. I'll beat this computer business yet!
Lois Jill

kiwibeat
07-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Use nero its far better all round and clone cd for whole cds can help out if you are in wgtn

Billy T
07-12-2003, 01:08 PM
> Use nero its far better all round

I'm not sure that is strictly true for all users kiwibeat. I had all sorts of problems with Nero when I first installed a CD writer, including refusing to even recognise the writer it was bundled with. :O

I installed Easy CD & DVD Creator V 6.0 that I picked up in the US and have found it an absolute doddle to do anything I want.

Skill and knowledge of the user makes a huge difference to the apparent value and usability of any software package.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

Neil McC
07-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Billy,I've also had a lot of trouble with Nero (not a trial version),and am a bit loathe to try version 6 even.Usually about a month after reinstalling 5 each time,and with EasyCD uninstalled,the screen would start to look like the ink was running on the page.It would only get worse and unreadable until I reset,then happen a little while later again.So ECD is back on for now!
Does anyone know if 6 is ok to run with Easy cd on as well?
Have been wondering bout getting Easycd6.

yingxuan
07-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I ran easy cd creator with nero before.No conflict.But i couldn't run nero because my computer was too slow.So i went back to easy cd creator

kiwibeat
08-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Nero looks confusing initially but is really easy to use once mastered gives you lots more options trying out ver 6 at the moment with its dvd writing capability on my 98SE PC seems to be ok for burning to dvds cdrws etc but havent yet made a vcd though .

yingxuan
08-12-2003, 02:01 PM
YEp i agree!!!