PDA

View Full Version : Cut and Paste

Bumfluff
30-11-2003, 01:58 PM
I use word quite regularly in my work. I'm running Windows 98 SE, but I think the word programme is a little later than that. What's happening is that is refusing to paste. If I select then cut, when I go to paste nothing happens, either paste is not available, or if it is it doesn't work. I brought up the clipboard and nothing seems to be going into it. I would really appreciate some ideas about this as it's driving me mad. I can't edit any work.

tweak\'e
30-11-2003, 02:13 PM
what ver of word are you useing? have a look in help/about.

Fire-and-Ice
30-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Are you certain that it is a Word problem and not a Windows problem? Can you cut and paste in another application, such as Notepad? If it works in Notepad ensure that Word is not running then do a search for normal.dot rename it to normal.old. Start Word up and try again. Let us know how you get on. ;-)

Bumfluff
01-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks for trying, fire and ice. For some equally strange reason, when I tried to cut and paste this morning everything worked perfectly. As I gave up in disgust yesterday directly after trying a cut and paste I can't think what on earth happened to make it change its mind. However I am grateful to it and you not necessarily in that order.