PDA

View Full Version : Friday funny....

beetle
28-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Friday Funny
this is a computer joke so it's not OT ????

A French teacher was explaining to her College class that nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine. House is feminine ! "la maison." Pencil is masculine "le crayon."

A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?" Instead of giving the answer,

the teacher split the class into male and female groups to give four reasons why a computer should be either a masculine or a feminine noun.

The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine

gender (la computer) because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later review; and,

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay on accessories for it.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine (le

computer) because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot ! of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and,

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realise that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

LOL

have a good one....

beetle

Susan B
28-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Yep, all my babies are male. :p :D

Elephant
29-11-2003, 05:43 PM
I like it. You have done well Beetle.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine (le

computer) because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
Hang on.... I'm switched on!!!

2. They have a lot ! of data but still can't think for themselves;
I don't have problems thinking.

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and,
Sadly this is true. Wife beaters, Rapists, Child abusers etc are mostly Male. We can of course except the Female who was found not guilty over the last week of attempted murder after stabbing her child and setting a fire due to the fact that she was probably insane at the time.

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realise that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
Commitment and communication is the way to go. I have changed and/or upgraded my computer on a fairly regular basis. I haven't done that with my Wife. I'm not planning on doing that either.

Computers are neither Male or Female. French actually has a Neuter gender as well if I remember correctly. :-)

beetle
29-11-2003, 05:51 PM
:D

i no longer think of my puter as male or female i call it Lemon instead.....

no fixed gender or agender.....LOL

thanxs E,

beetle