PDA

View Full Version : screen printing on cases" gamertec"

SanSingh
27-11-2003, 09:42 PM
I need to print " gamertec" on the front of a black case. Can any one suggest a company that doing this kind of work. I happy to take sound advice how I can DIY

somebody
28-11-2003, 09:00 AM
What if you printed the word "gamertec" in big font, on a large A4 sheet of normal inkjet stickers (available at every good stationary store), then used a craft knife to cut the letters out on the INSIDES only. Then stick the "template" you've created (big sticker with holes where the letters were), onto the front of the case, and spray over the gaps with spraypaint (colour of your choice). Then remove the sticker before the paint dries, and there you go - quick and easy paint job.

somebody
28-11-2003, 09:02 AM
I don't know if they exist, but if you can, get the stickers which take up an entire A4 sheet uncut.

Otherwise a sheet of A4 paper with the letters cut out of it, glued to the front of your case with a water-soluble glue, and do the same thing.

superOman
28-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Not screen printing, but any signwriters will do it.

Get the text needed, draw it as a line drawing and save as an eps.

Take it to the signwriters, you will get a vinyl cut.

Sticky letters to put on the case, and can be in a range of colours. Don,t worry easy to apply, has application film

Places in Wellington: TAG signs, Oxford St, off Adelade road, and a place in rudby st by the basin but i forget the name.

Hope this helps

Graham L
28-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes, a cut vinyl sign is the way to go. Anything involving masking and spraycans would be so messy and disappointing that it's a waste of time and money. (In fact, the sign might cost less than a spraycan and any masking material).

Before making up the artwork, talk to the people who is doing it ... they might be able to do it exactly as you want it, with a better choice of fonts, while you wait.

SanSingh
29-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Thank you superOman, I will call TAG Sign.

SanSingh
29-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Graham, Vinyl will be good . Is this a permanent solution, in due case I will need to do 30+ at a time. I have seen some cases have name printed on it. How do these guys do it.

Elephant
29-11-2003, 09:31 PM
This is now making sense to me regarding earlier posts about the PC Company case.

I now think that possibly you want to go into business making computers fitted inside ex PC Company cases and want to brand these with the "Gamertec" brand.

I can be wrong of course.

Elephant
29-11-2003, 09:52 PM
You might be better off using a small sticker using your logo and Gamertec on it when we are possibly talking about 30+ cases at a time.

superOman
29-11-2003, 10:09 PM
A sticker or vinyl cut will work, remember, with a vinyl cut you will get to see the case, so no haze or a wrong coloured background as might happen with a sticker,

Glad I was of help

Graham L
03-12-2003, 02:14 PM
It will outlast the CPU's "gaming" life. :D (It won't resist "pickers" withy sharp fingernails, but nor do most computer "manufacturer's" labels. Ever heard the term "Badge Engineering"?

Probably the "printed" cases are silkscreened. This is a very good process (that's how T-shirts and CDs are done), but making the screens is relatively expensive. It might be worthwhile for a run of 30 high value items --- talk to a silkscreen company --- but not for one or two. Silk screen has the advantage that it can (at the cost of extra operations -- one per layer/colour) make an opaque cover on the base.

Greg S
03-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I agree - self-adhesive vinyl will do it nicely. Some of the good quality substrates have 7-10 years guaranteed lifespan, even in harsh outdoor applications.

Also there are some beaut metallic colours that would look most impressive.

But to be really l33t check here: http://www.dansdata.com/badgelite.htm
And here http://www.dansdata.com/bluelights.htm