PDA

View Full Version : mousepads??

Roseyglow
21-11-2003, 10:04 AM
I need a new mousepad - is there a reasonably priced one you can recommend?? ( and where to buy it )
Thanks

Chilling_Silently
21-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Hi Roseyglow,
To be honest, dont bother with a mouse pad, I'd recommend an optical mouse and if you still need something, a gel wrist-pad.

If you're in Aucks, try qmb.co.nz for Mice at a great price, or if you're out west way, see xzact.co.nz

Then, you wont need a mousepad :-)

You're looking at around $20 for a mouse, but its worth it in the long run..!

Hope this helps

Chill.

beama
21-11-2003, 10:15 AM
shop around Dick Smith, Harvey Normans, Big Byte, Farmers may have them also ( theres my advertising commission allotment gone for the week :)).

Oh if you are using a Infrared mouse ( ball less Mouse) you dont really need a mouse mat and somtimes I have found that mouse mats actually interfer with the operation of this type of mouse

Biggles
21-11-2003, 11:08 AM
I still prefer a pad with my optical mouse, rather than the desktop. I tried lots of the pads I've collected over the years and in the end the best one for my optical mouse turned out to be an old, cracked Compaq giveaway which has the foam bottom squashed and oozing out the side.

With an optical (ball-less) mouse you just need a surface that is very flat - indentations mess with the operation of the mouse. Would never go back to a mouse with a ball.

Chilling_Silently
21-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Ive used an optical mouse on my stomach before.. there's a few bumps there... shining abs... :p

Agreed though, once tried, I'll never go back!

stu140103
21-11-2003, 11:37 AM
> I still prefer a pad with my optical mouse, rather
> than the desktop.

I agree with Bruce here, I also have a optical mouse and I tried it on my desktop, and I did not like it (I was used to having a mouse with a ball) so I had to get a pad for it :)

Murray P
21-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Warehouse Stationary or perhaps the plain of Warehouse have some reasonable ones for the right price, DSE normally have specials too. I prefer to get a larger one than the squity little ones you pick up for a couple of bucks and not too thin that they start curling up like a bit of stail bread after 2 weeks.

Yep! Neutered rodents are great.

Cheers Murray P

-=JM=-
21-11-2003, 03:05 PM
I have mousepads coming out my ears. I use an MS Intellimouse Explorer v3.0A.

I have a gelpad, flat 3m pad, mousemat (from some hotpad site, free from the UK), BigByte, RatPadzGS.

Of those I use the Big Byte one mainly, though the RatPadz is nice it's just a tad too large for my liking, though if I gamed more frequently than I do at the moment I'd probably use the RatPadzGS more than I do.

You'd be surprised at how well an a4 piece of paper or a clearfile sheet will work.