PDA

View Full Version : moizlla??..??

yingxuan
21-11-2003, 05:20 AM
There's 3 different mozillas.
Mozilla 1.5
Mozilla thunderbird 0.7
and mozilla firebird 0.2

Since im using 56k.It'll take ages to download it.Could anyone explain the differences please?

Differnece between mozilla and thunderbird/firebird.is just like icq pro and icq lite right?

So the difference between mozilla thunderbird and fire bird is?

Chilling_Silently
21-11-2003, 07:08 AM
> There's 3 different mozillas.
> Mozilla 1.5
Is a full suite with Browser, Email client, HTML Editor....
I'd highly recommend that as a broswer to be compiled from source... Runs like lightning!

> Mozilla thunderbird 0.7
My browser of choice. No excess like an HTML Editor.. Just a great, fast, stable browser!

> and mozilla firebird 0.2
Actually, 0.3 is out... Its an email client. Who wants Outlook Express? Not me (Certainly not bringing software with so many holes onto my Linux box), this great email client is already stable enough for day-to-day use for many!

If you want a full browser suite with additional "stuff" go with Mozilla, however I'd recommend Firebird and Thunderbird any day!

Hope this helps

Chill.

Chilling_Silently
21-11-2003, 07:09 AM
> There's 3 different mozillas.
> Mozilla 1.5
Is a full suite with Browser, Email client, HTML Editor....
I'd highly recommend that as a broswer to be compiled from source... Runs like lightning!

> Mozilla thunderbird 0.7
My browser of choice. No excess like an HTML Editor.. Just a great, fast, stable browser!

> and mozilla firebird 0.2
Actually, 0.3 is out... Its an email client. Who wants Outlook Express? Not me (Certainly not bringing software with so many holes onto my Linux box), this great email client is already stable enough for day-to-day use for many!

If you want a full browser suite with additional "stuff" go with Mozilla, however I'd recommend Firebird and Thunderbird any day!

Hope this helps

Chill.

Draggy
21-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Chiilling_Silently, would help if you got them around the right way.

Firebird is the browser and Thunderbird is the email client. Both are designed from the parent Mozilla but supposedly next generation or lead into next generation.

Cheers

mark.p
21-11-2003, 07:55 AM
Chill

Firebird= browser
Thunderbird= e-mail client.
Mozilla= browser, email client etc, etc,

I f you need browser and e-mail go I would go for Mozzilla full.
The other two use the same base files an I see no point in having the same code in two places on my we hdd. Ok it takes a while to load(IE6 loads quicker because code i pre loaded on boot-it's part of the OS you know :) but runs well on my OS/2, win32 and Linux boxes,with bookmarks, etc being interchangable.

Chilling_Silently
21-11-2003, 08:22 AM
LOL.. Yes, it would.....

Bad start to the morning.... :p
My bad...

Fire-and-Ice
21-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Maybe I am smarter than I thought but to me the Mozilla website (http://www.mozilla.org/) explains the differences quite clearly if you take the time to read the information there.

mark.p
21-11-2003, 08:57 AM
> Maybe I am smarter than I thought but to me the
> Mozilla website (http://www.mozilla.org/)
> explains the differences quite clearly if you take
> the time to read the information there.

They've certainly swished up the website a bit since the last time I had a gander. Seems like the Mozilla project is full steam ahead.