PDA

View Full Version : Patience

Thomas
17-11-2003, 07:25 PM
The last couple of days has seen my patience game giving a spot of bother,when I click to get next 3 cards it tends to fick on one,which as you will know can cause one to miss a card you require,to be clear one clicks on deck and instead of being able to select the card or not,it goes on to next 3.
As a serious gamer this can be quite frustrating.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

godfather
17-11-2003, 08:05 PM
I have read this post.
Several times, to be exact.

Your problem still escapes me, and I am unaware of the meaning of the word "fick" and the relationship of the word to the problem.

Could you pose the question again, perhaps in a very basic manner so I may gain enlightenment as to the nature of the problem?

Perhaps I am a bit fick?

Thomas
17-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Drat it,just a question of an l,that should have red flick,will that suffice?

You may be fick,certainly not the other;)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-11-2003, 08:44 PM
> Drat it,just a question of an l,that should have red
> flick,will that suffice?
>
> You may be fick,certainly not the other;)

Ummmthis post makes less sense than the first.

Thomas
17-11-2003, 08:56 PM
what can I say,I click on it ,instead of staying put so that I can say choose that card,of its own volition it moves to next 3 cards,then for a few moves its ok.Drat I say.

read not red.

beetle
17-11-2003, 08:57 PM
ROFLMAO...........

tis not me this time.... :D

:p

beetle

Thomas
17-11-2003, 09:25 PM
It seems so obvious to me,I can plainly see it,if I cant explain it,then I must suffer the consequences and sing an ode to the illiterate.

Archibald
17-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Golly gosh, strike three you're....... ?:| :D

agent
17-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Umm, remove the game using Add/Remove Windows Components and reinstall it?

PoWa
17-11-2003, 09:33 PM
yes ROFLMAO.

Whats this patience game you speak of? Even my Windows XP does not have it. Does it have another alias like solitaire?

PoWa
17-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Whoops I was going to say it might be time to buy a new mouse, as that one could be playing tricks on you.

agent
17-11-2003, 09:45 PM
You could always start playing it with a real deck of cards :D

Just make sure your hand doen't inadvertently flick over three cards at a time :p

beetle
17-11-2003, 09:50 PM
now guys we must be nice to Thomas or his patience may run out.....
and then he may give us the ...er fick it deserves..... we deserve?

oh Thomas we do care really, but this is too good an opportunity to get a little reward ? revenge back for your lovely posts in the past on our spelling eittiquete.... LOL

:x

have a good game T.
your buddy....

beetle

Elephant
17-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Hmmmmm. The "F" key is not too far away from the "C" key on my keyboard.

I might add that I'm as confused as you Godfather.

It is difficult to get into another persons' brain.

My thought was it was a typo but I'm still confused. I thought the word fick was meant to be click. I can be totally wrong of course.

B-----

teddybear
18-11-2003, 05:49 AM
ummm, maybe you should look at the options for the game, they may have been changed to flick 1 card?

Winston001
18-11-2003, 09:49 AM
red flick

Umm.. I'm a little puzzled about this term. Something arcane in DOS perchance? Linux?

I was going to make a little joke about onanistic solitary pursuits but felt that would be unkind. Not according to Hoyle,old chap.

whetu
18-11-2003, 09:52 AM
oh come on guys... you're all old enough to know that patience is another name for solitaire.. or have you been THAT americanised? (and I'm only 21!!!)

*looks at all the angry OLD faces, irate at him mentioning their age* ;)

oh.. I mean.. damn.

I'd agree with the post about uninstalling games from the add/remove control panel and then reinstalling (it's in the windows setup tab) Reading from the first post it sounds fairly sporadic...

The alternative however is to download a third party version:
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=solitaire&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search
http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=patience+cards&btnG=Google+Search

Thomas
18-11-2003, 09:52 AM
I was sitting here on my solitare,tears gently pouring into my keyboard(which I will ask about repairing later)when lo,even though I had been deserted by god.I have been so ably assisted by you good folk.
Some can see what I mean and one has to wonder at those that can't understand what is simply put;)

I will try all the above and thank you all.

Thomas
18-11-2003, 10:15 AM
You will all know Beetle is my apprentice at explaining a problem,it's called the blind leading the blind(or should that be the visually impaired).

She is such a good chum and a quick lerner.

Win you must stop looking in my window.Unlike some,I can take a joke,so feel free.

mark.p
18-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Isn't it grand that Dozes, no computing in general-you see patience is a multi-platorm(as well as multi-national) thing, favourate game of all time gets such avid support ;). Hell my old win 3.1 box plays it just as well, or badly, as these new thingy-ma-gigs...................

Billy T
18-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Thomas

If ordinary Patience/Solitaire is getting on your wick, yorta try Cruel, a beastlier form of Solitaire. Those whom it does not drive insane, come out stronger, and so level-headed they can dribble out of both sides of their mouth at the same time.

You can get it free here (http://www.geocities.com/dbergis/freeware.htm) along with 90 other versions of Solitaire. The compilation is aptly named Solitude and is ideally suited to onanists in search of an alternative and less ophelimitous experience. :|

My first 1200 games yielded a 16.33% success rate (without cheats), then I discovered PF1 and haven't played a game since. :8}

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

Winston001
18-11-2003, 03:54 PM
> alternative and less ophelimitous
> experience. :|
>
Thanks Billy for wasting a valuable part of my day. Not at all economically
satisfying - or libido gratifying.

You da man!

Billy T
18-11-2003, 04:17 PM
We aim to please. :D

beetle
18-11-2003, 04:32 PM
so T have you got it sorted???
apprentice....??? :8}

best watch out or ill get a fick ear..... :D

beetle

godfather
18-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Perhaps Thomas did really mean fick, and perhaps he is only here on a visit from this place (http://www.oakley-kansas.com/fick/)?

Or from basic physics, there is Fick's Law of Diffusion.

Fick's First Law states that the flux (Q), of a component of concentration (P), across a membrane of unit area, in a predefined plane, is proportional to the concentration differential across that plane.

I think that can be applied to Thomas's mouse button and may hold the answer to the problem?
[i]
- si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes

Terry Porritt
18-11-2003, 05:29 PM
I think as PoWa suggested you may have an extra lively mouse, or rather a mouse with left button switch that has a dicky ticker, or is that flicker? :)

I have a mouse that came with some auction items, and it seemed really good, until I tried it on Solitaire. Then it behaved as you described Thomas, so back to my old trusty MS scroll wheel mouse.

Terry Porritt
18-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Sorry... and as Godfather suggested too....

Graham L
18-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Perhaps for Patience, which is a virtue, you need a mouse which practices Chastity.

beetle
18-11-2003, 06:06 PM
oh i know this one....

Patience is a virtue,
Virtue is a grace,
Grace is a little girl,
who wont wash her face.....

LOL
totally OT the topic now....

:D loves me?

beetle

mark.p
18-11-2003, 07:59 PM
;) Ahhh you may have hit the nail on the head-it's a ploy by MS to sell more of their rodents! A cunning ploy hah?

Thomas
18-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas:

My mouse is a M/S Explorer,about 6 months old,if the left button is faulty,it's only manifesting in ficking patience.
Thank you all so much,I will duly investigate as suggested.

Winston001
20-11-2003, 01:40 PM
>
> Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causa

From Solitaire to Virgil - PF1 never fails to amuse and amaze.

beetle
20-11-2003, 04:18 PM
so where we going for tea?

W001?

share nicely......:D

beetle

beetle
21-11-2003, 02:56 PM
so T have you fixed your prob?

and also where did you get this game from? was it already on the puter? or you bought it? its different from the game solitare i have on my puter (XP) and was wondering if i could get the game from somewhere, ???

TIA

beetle

Thomas
21-11-2003, 08:11 PM
They are both the same Beet.

>>>>solitare and patience.

beetle
21-11-2003, 08:24 PM
nope mine does not draw 3 cards.

b

Ladybug
21-11-2003, 09:21 PM
When you are in the game Beetle, click on game at the top left hand corner then options. you can change it to deal one card or three in there.

beetle
21-11-2003, 09:24 PM
it doesnt give me that option, it doesnt deal any cards, just when i hit deal it places one on bottom of each row.

clear as mud?

thanxs LB

beetle

beetle
21-11-2003, 09:27 PM
oh doesnt matter seems i have two solitaire games on my machine....

sorry.

one does do this and one doesnt do this option...

thanxs all.

beetle

Thomas
22-11-2003, 07:50 AM
Thanks all,a reformat seems to have done the trick.