PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Jetstart Pricing Schemes

ntddevsys
16-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Hello,
Does anyone know anything about Paradise.net Jetstart

On there website, they Quote $30 for 10gb Traffic + Telecom Charges

What are these Charges.

Is the Ping Acceptable for Online CS gaming.

Regards

NTDDDEVSYS

stu140103
16-11-2003, 10:26 PM
> On there website, they Quote $30 for 10gb Traffic +
> Telecom Charges
>
> What are these Charges.

You can find out what the Telecom Charges here
http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3900,202514-201792,00.html

BootyLicious
16-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Go Here and have a look at Telecom (http://www.telecom.co.nz/chm/0,5123,203071-202543,00.html)

Which Xtra JetStream plan is right for you?
There are 5 Xtra JetStream plans to choose from, and each comes with a "monthly allowance" of megabytes. You also pay for any megabytes you use over and above that allowance.

You can choose a plan depending on how much you want to pay, what sort of things you'll be doing online, and whether you'd like a 256k or full speed broadband connection.

With a 256k connection, you can experience speeds up to six times faster than dial-up. With a full speed connection you can experience speeds up to 50 times faster than dial-up.

You can also choose the Xtra JetStream Starter plan. It's a good option if want to step up from dial-up but don't yet need broadband speed. With Xtra JetStream Starter you can experience speeds up to three times faster than dial-up.

godfather
16-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Its the Telecom links Stu has given that have the Jetstream price.

The Xtra prices are for Xtra as the ISP, but the request was for Paradise as the ISP.

You need to add the Telecom plan price to the Paradise ISP charge.

Your normal phone line rental doesn't go away either, thats still the same.

PoWa
16-11-2003, 10:50 PM
OMgosh bootyLicious, read the rules, advertising is not allowed on PF1 :D That sounded like it came directly from the mouth of a Xtra ISP representative.

BootyLicious
16-11-2003, 11:09 PM
I should have read what was on the link before posting it.:O

i am with xtra but wanted to get cable from paradise and telstra clear but the power pole in front of my home is owned by telecom.So if it was not for telecom i would have 256k cable. I am not great fan of telecom or xtra.

God i wish i had cable 256k :_|

ntddevsys
17-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Thats what i have,256 Cable.

I'm finding out for a friend so i simply asked what the telecom charges where and if the ping would be acceptable for online gaming ...

anyone offer any advice ?

PoWa
17-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes the ping is fine for online gaming. CS ranges from 70-120 depending on line conditions etc. Battlefield I'm not too sure but it runs reasonably well, I can fly round in a chopper and blow stuff up without it lagging out. Sometimes it stutters but I think thats just my computer's slower processor trying to cope ;).

Jester
17-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Paradise's 10GB plan allows for 10GB total traffic, which includes National charged at 10% of actual and International at full amounts.

CS gaming is adequate - I get 60 - 120 pings generally.

The actual amount of traffic charged due to my son's extended CS sessions (yeah I will blame him ;), ok, I play too at the same time) seems minimal, especially when accessing the NZ servers. I don't use the Jetstream realm for CS now, but when I did under vers 1.5 there wasnt any real diff in pings. I have never used anywhere near 5 GB, let alone 10GB.

In saying that I have been thinking of changing to Orcon. They have a 5 Gig Int'l / free National plan for $19.95 + Telecom's $29.95, which is $10.00 cheaper per month than Paradise. I emailed them and they charge on a montly basis so I might try them out for a month and compare.

J
:D