PDA

View Full Version : Spybot/Ad-aware etc..

Martina
16-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Another newbie question...

Is it ok to run Spybot, Ad-aware and Norton v/scan together or must they be run separately???

Thanks

M...

stu140103
16-11-2003, 11:06 AM
> Is it ok to run Spybot, Ad-aware and Norton v/scan
> together or must they be run separately???

Do you mean run them all at once????(If this is the case Then you have to run then separately or your computer might crash)

Or do you mean have them all on your computer???? (if this is the case then yes it is fine to have them all on your computer :))

Hope this helps, if not post back here

Chilling_Silently
16-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Just agreeing with Stu, you can keep them all on your PC seperate and harmoniously.

One thing to note is that Ad-aware might pick things up in the SpyBot S&D folder.
There are NOT spyware, but simply SpyBot making a backup.

The same might be true when scanning with spybot s&d, with the Ad-aware folder, however I dont use Ad-Aware (Spybot does perfectly) so wouldnt know sorry.

Chill.

Fire-and-Ice
16-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Yep, run them one at a time. I like to scan for viruses first, then use Adaware then Spybot. ;-)

FrankS
16-11-2003, 01:24 PM
When you do your ? weekly virus update check Ad-Aware and Spybot for updates. PressF1 often has such a reminder when updates are issued.

Chilling_Silently
16-11-2003, 03:43 PM
> When you do your ? weekly virus update check Ad-Aware
> and Spybot for updates.

Weekly..... ;-) :p

Martina
17-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone. I had thought of running them all at the same time to save a few minutes but will keep on running them consecutively and weekly.

Thanks again

M...