PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else havin prob with XTRA?

MrBeef
15-11-2003, 10:42 PM
just this evening i have been trying to get onto XTRA but it tries to verify and then it stops.
This in the 09 Area
Nothing on XTRA website...

At the moment i am using my mates Paradise connection

porpora
15-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Using my stronger half's Clear Net connection.
Dial-up for Xtra is engaged. you can hear the normal engaged tone after dialling.

Can't even make phone calls from here at the moment either??

Julia

Jim B
15-11-2003, 11:11 PM
If you are trying to access your Xtra mail you have to be dialed in with Xtra to do that.
You can access Xtra webmail when using Paradise no problem

ruup
16-11-2003, 08:25 AM
yes,I had problems with xtra at about 9:40 pm last night...couldn't get past the "checking pass" word stage...rebooted and even used system restore but wouldn't let me back on...I checked the xtra "status" on line and was told that there were " no known issues"....turned the computer off and went and watched the rugby.......... another mistake :-(
regards
ruup

beetle
16-11-2003, 08:50 AM
yeah i had same probs couldnt get online at all about 10.20 - 11.30 gave up and went to bed,
thought it was something id done, but couldnt get through on help line either so that alerted me to it being an Xtra prob not mine for once.

so take it we lost the rugby then?

beetle

sc0ut
16-11-2003, 09:05 AM
same here
my dialup (in CHCH) didn't work
also my friends Jetstream didn't work
from 9:40pm on
something like this has happened before and it was when extra ran out of IP addresses
but it could have been the fact that there telephone network was swamped for the Rugby
every one calling Australia could have tied up there phone system as well as there Fiber Optic connections

MrBeef
16-11-2003, 12:01 PM
oh well its working now :)

the rugby was shocking. i changed channels whenever we screwed up.