PDA

View Full Version : Scanner not recognised.

Bumfluff
15-11-2003, 11:16 AM
My computer, running Windows 98 SE had a recent crash as my power supply went wrong. I had to completely reinstall the operating system. Since then, everything has been fine except that the computer will not recognise my scanner. I have reinstalled the drivers and reconnected the scanner, but on bootup it just says "scanner not found.". I downloaded new drivers from the net, but same result. I then uninstalled the scanner and reinstalled everything, with the same result. I hope someone has some ideas as it is probably cheaper to buy a new scanner, than to get someone in to fix the problem. Regards to all, Bumfluff.

mark c
15-11-2003, 11:33 AM
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=40651

stu140103
15-11-2003, 11:52 AM
mark c: can I ask why did you post a link to the pf1 rules????

Scouse
15-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Mark
Did you really mean to point to the new house-rules?

mark c
15-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Yes. I agree with the rules. Just a reminder. I know the post was fine and all that but just wanteds to point it out. Don't mean to be officious or anything but.
Cheers. :D

stu140103
15-11-2003, 12:22 PM
> Yes. I agree with the rules. Just a reminder. I know
> the post was fine and all that but just wanteds to
> point it out. Don't mean to be officious or anything
> but.
> Cheers. :D

?:|?:| What was the point of that????? ?:|?:|

csinclair83
15-11-2003, 12:24 PM
i think mark was referring to the name of "bumfluff" and was just posting the rules as a hint that hes offended by it or something??

mark c
15-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok OK OK OK I can't say I was sitting here drenched in a cold sweat of horror and offense but I do like the forum to be like the rules say....friendly, no swearing, offensive handles that sort of thing. OK? :)
No big deal. Hope the poster gets the problem fixed rather than dragged into this must be wondering what's going on.

csinclair83
15-11-2003, 02:05 PM
first u should uninstall all u have installed related to this scanner
then plug scanner in...it would detect new hardware, and if cd is in then it should install it....or needs your help to find the cd...and it should work
dont install before connecting scanner...

and if that doesnt work, post back on here and we can try help :-)

LucyL
15-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Advice from csinclair83 won't work if your scanner is Mustek brand. You have to install all software BEFORE you connect the scanner or things just won't work.

Lucy

Graham L
15-11-2003, 03:09 PM
I wonder if there are some other drivers needed --- for the motherboard devices? Especially the USB ports. :D

weka
16-11-2003, 04:35 PM
We run ancient Microtek scanner with 98SE, SCCI interface. Our routine is switch on scanner let it sort its tiny mind out- wipe its nose etc. Then press windows key & pause/break keys, both together. Systems properties pops up, select Device manager tab, select SCCI and press refresh button. Then and only then open application. Long winded but too damn mean to spring for new scanner

Rod ger
16-11-2003, 08:36 PM
I agree Weka, I've got a Scanmaker V310 and had a hell of a time getting it set up(connected up through the printer). It works really well now, but I dread the day that I may have to reinstall it.

Elephant
16-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I would start with making sure the motherboard drivers have been installed. USB ports may not becognised unless this is done. There again the scanner may be connected to a parallel port and have the printer connected to the scanner. Possibly it may be connected to its own SCSI card for all I know.

What make and model scanner are we talking about?

Check control panel, device manager and see if you have any yellow question marks. A little more info will help us to help you. :-)