PDA

View Full Version : May Need Help Next Week - Perhaps from Internet6 Cafe

Laura
15-11-2003, 12:11 AM
This is a cheeky post from someone who's only 6 months computer knowledge herself (and only 6 weeks with PF1) but from what I've seen so far, you lot will give me a hand if necessary.
At the crack of dawn tomorrow, I leave my comfy Otago for the big bad city up north.
Sister in Auckland has been given "an old computer" by a friend who's upgraded. She says " I've plugged it in & it goes. It'd be good if you can set it up for me when you're here."
I ask: What OS?
She has no idea. (Yes, she uses the computer at her work for email, so not computer illiterate - just hasn't thought of technicalities)
Sooo- I have visions of stuff I can't work out because it's even earlier than my 98SE I'm still learning.
And in that case, I'll be posting to you PF1ers on internet cafe somewhere for info, I guess.
If I'm being perssimistic & the "old Computer" is the OS I've already got, I'll still be looking for help - as mine was set up by a friend & I didn't have to think about that early stage.
Pride is obviously at stake here. I'm already supposed to " know about computers" merely by owning one.
I'll be relying on you all....and keeping you posted..either from the computer or whatever I can find down the road.

Laura
15-11-2003, 12:50 AM
I guess this should really have been an OFF TOPIC, as I didn't actually ask a question ....yet.

BootyLicious
15-11-2003, 12:51 AM
I can't wait to here what your sister has got her self into here.:D

And if you want to make it sound like you know what your doing just tell her she needs you update the drivers.;-)

Fire-and-Ice
15-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Why would this be a "cheeky post"? Not cheeky at all - fire away when you need to and keep your fingers crossed that it's not pre-Win95. :D

Chilling_Silently
15-11-2003, 07:45 PM
So... "set it up" meaning.. Get her online?

Sounds like fun, Im sure there's no shortage of people here (myself included) who would be more than happy to help if we can :-)