PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Micro Star International (MSI)

vrx22
14-11-2003, 06:37 PM
hey

im about to purchase a computer from a retailer. the assembler told me that the motherboard and cd drive were Micro Star International (he acutally just told me that they were MSI, i did research.) do you guys reckon that this company has good products on a whole ao are bad. the assembler said that i can change any part in the system.

thanks for any help

James

Chilling_Silently
14-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Personally, Ive got a MSI-manufactured nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440SE-T and have no complaints about it :-)

Ive found them to be a reliable brand, and good value-for-money too :-)

chiefnz
14-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Yeah I agree with Chill, MSI is a very respectable, I have used their products and I was not disappointed and neither was I broke at the end.

Web support for their products are also good and updates are made available as soon as possible to customers.

cheers
chiefnz

sanchez
14-11-2003, 08:11 PM
MSI gear is very stable and reliable, if you're not going to overclock, MSI is a fine choice :)

Gorela
14-11-2003, 09:34 PM
I have found MSI to produse fairly good motherboards. Form benchmark tests you will find that they are NOT considered to be high performance platforms, but are usually very reliable.

I have a number of MSI motherboards and only have one that is causing me any concerns. This is a K7 that seems to be running hot and is giving me stabilty problems. Apart from this one instance, I heartily recommend them as a brand :)

yang11
14-11-2003, 10:07 PM
on a par with gigabyte. Asus is too expensive. bi*star is always a challenge.

vrx22
15-11-2003, 12:27 PM
thanks guys you have given me great reveiws and will go ahead with the purchase. thanks again, i feel that i can trust MSI now

thanks

James