PDA

View Full Version : copying music to cd

sargeant
14-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Is there anyone out there that can help me with simple to follow instructions on how to download music from the internet to read/write cd.
And can also instruct me on how I can copy music from audio cassete/s through the PC to an external cd-writer ?????.
Thanks
Paul

Megaman
14-11-2003, 04:28 PM
> And can also instruct me on how I can copy music from
> audio cassete/s through the PC to an external
> cd-writer ?????.

i think i no how. on the back of the casette player there should be a 2 plugs, red and white. get your speaker cable, plug the red and white cables into the red and white sockets and plug the other end into your computers "mic/line in" slot. boot it up, and go accesories/ entertainment/ sound recorder. press play and record at the same time.
hope this helps :)

Chilling_Silently
14-11-2003, 04:45 PM
What OS are you running (WinXP has in-built CD-Writing software, either as the OS itself for data or WMP8/9), and what do you plan on using to burn your music with (If you dont have anything... then just say that :-)).

As for downloading it... Well.. From the internet, you're on your own...
From CD... Again, its a touchy subject which in NZ is still illegal (even for personal backup).

There is a movement ATM to change this law however.

If the music is just recordings of yourself.. then sure ;-)

Try downloading Windows Media Player 9 for burning audio CD's (Its the only free one I know of?).

Hope this helps

Chill.

Smithie 38
14-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi Paul.
To download music from the internet you need to instal a program first. There are several available - Kazaa lite is one but I use Winmx. www.winmx.com. You can then download music and if you have a CD burner you can make your own music CDs.
If you do decide to use Winmx and want further info email me stella___roys@hotmail.com

Fire-and-Ice
15-11-2003, 09:03 PM
I recently picked up a good thread on copying music audio tapes to cds here:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=31554

The ResinMaster
16-11-2003, 04:20 AM
Chilling Just a quick note on downloading music, napster is up and running a legal site. Songs = 0.99 cents US each, and you can have multiple copies for different devices,

Marty

Chilling_Silently
16-11-2003, 07:33 AM
Oh? Has that been launched already?

/me knew it was coming soon but not that it'd been launched already.

I know that there are rather strict copy-right laws in NZ that you need to be careful of. I have a few friends who are in the recording/radio business.... They have no problems telling me the latest news etc :p

Thanks for that, ResinMaster :-)

Chill.

Spacemannz
22-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Nero and CD Creator will do MP3's. Copying MP3's straight to CD tho, is not a good idea. As nothing but the PC will play them (unless your stereo CD can read/play Mp3 CD's.

And also DONT format the CD before you burn the MP3's to it.

They'll burn as is. Without the CD being formatted, since whatever program u use, needs to convert them to wav, before it burns to cd.

There are also shareware programs that will deal with LP's or tapes.

Try www.download.com.

Spacemannz
22-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Whoops and use CDR not CDRW. Most CD's but the CD you're burning to will most probably not be able to read CDRW's, unless it says it can use/read CDRW's.