PDA

View Full Version : Invisible fonts (sort of)

bardin
14-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi there,

I've got a bunch of PCs that I support that the users want to set up with the Univers font as the default font (in the normal.dot template). Problem is:

The PCs that already have it set up in the normal.dot template DON'T have it available in the fonts list within word, nor is it in the Fonts folder under the Windows or WINNT folder, nor is it in the control panel under fonts.

HOWEVER it DOES come up in the font list when they bring up the normal template...i.e when they open a new document...but when you scroll down the list it's not there!!!

Confused!

PS: When I tried to download it earlier I found out it was a commercial font and has to be bought.

Your help much appreciated :)

Brendan

CYaBro
14-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Can't you just set the font colour to white, then you can use any font you like and you won't see it until you change the colour. :)

What does the invisible font do / what is it used for?

Greg S
14-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi I'm pretty certain this font is included as part of Windows (I can't be 100% because I've since had many fonts loaded by other apps). So... I'm sure it's not contravening any PF1 rules to offer... If you care to give me your email addy I'll gladly send you a copy

nospam at zu dot co dot nz

bardin
14-11-2003, 03:55 PM
It's not actually an invisible font CYaBro, I was just using a bit of poetic license...

Greg S My email address is brendanq@paradise.net.nz, and I'd really appreciate it if you could send it to me.

Cheers,

Brendan

CYaBro
14-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Oops! It's friday afternoon so I will excuse myself this time :D