PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic Runtime error 52 - Word 2000

Berryb
14-11-2003, 12:05 PM
OS Win2K. When I start Word 2000 as either a power user or standard user I get this error message.
Visual Basic
Runtime Error 52
Bad file name or number.

I then have the option to debug or end. I push end and Word opens and operates fine. This does not happen if I give my login administrator rights. I have deleted my profile and the prob went away for the first couple of times then came back. By memory I set my login up as a standard user then upgraded it to power user, this is when the prob came back i think. Might not be related.
I have searched the Microsoft site with no luck.
Anyone have any ideas.

Berryb
14-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Meant to say that this also happens on another login (stanard user) on this computer. Must be a permission issue but can't work out where to change it.

TazzieNZ
14-11-2003, 01:08 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828654

Might help .... seems a longshot though

Atom_man
16-11-2005, 12:41 PM
I landed here following the error 52 in office 2002.
for all others who do the same you might have a look at your templates. In my case the cause was a MYOB (MyobMn97.dot) in the office10\startup folder.

I located this by searching all C for *.dot then cut them to another folder. dont worry about them being form different addresses. Then started word again. If the error no longer occurs then templates are the problem.

You then need to undo the move from the new location and they all go back to the right place. solve by slowly cuting out groups of files then undoing until you find the nasty.
hope i helped

stu161204
16-11-2005, 12:47 PM
*** a 2 year old thread ;) **