PDA

View Full Version : Undelete excel and word document

SanSingh
13-11-2003, 04:48 PM
I have win98 O/S and Office 2000. I have by mistake delete all my word and excel files. Is there any way I can bring back. Specially they not in recycle bin, even i search in whole c:/ drive.

Billy T
13-11-2003, 05:39 PM
There are some free undelete programs available, but your best bet is to buy Norton Utilities and boot to their undelete utility direct from the CD.

IMPORTANT!!! Do not use the computer, and if it is still going, do not shut it down via windows. Just switch off the power and leave it until you have an undelete program available. To recover reliably you must not allow your computer to start up in the normal fashion as it may overwrite some of the deleted files.

Read the instructions that come with the CD then boot with the CD in your CD Rom drive. It might be a good idea to check that your computer is set to boot from the CD ROM by switching on and entering the BIOS (Usually by pressing F8 when the question appears on screen). If you miss it, hit the on-off switch straight away or windows will start to boot, then switch on and try again.

If your data is critical and you have any doubt about your ability to recover it, pack up the computer and take it to an expert.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)