PDA

View Full Version : .wav files

richone
13-11-2003, 01:29 PM
I have recently overlayed 98 on 95 and the system works fine with the exception of the .wav files, I have reinstalled the ESS card drivers and it plays cd etc and also the modem can be heard connecting, What can i do to get the .wav files /sounds back???

many thanks

Richard

Jacob4165
13-11-2003, 06:03 PM
what about mp3's or sound from games/programs could be something up with the wave settings on the cards mixer software

Oxie
13-11-2003, 07:34 PM
richone

Right click the volume icon in the bottom right of your computer and open the volume controls. Under Wave make sure the volume slide is up and there is not a tick next to Mute. See if that has an impact.

Oxie (Lyn)

Terry Porritt
13-11-2003, 08:52 PM
When you go to Control Panel-Sounds is the play button for the Windows sounds greyed out?
If so then it is a quirk of the ESS sound card and drivers, they can be tricky to get going. What is the ESS chipset?
You should perhaps try looking for updated ESS drivers for Win 98.

I remember having similar problems with a ES1868 PnP card going from 95B to 98SE.

richone
14-11-2003, 08:30 AM
terry that is exactly the problem I have and I am using the same ess sound sound card. I am unsure how to to tell the "chipset" but I would appreciate your advice onm where to get a updated driver , I also get amessage that says the sound card is being used by soemthing else when i go into the chord wavs and try to "test" them.

many thanks