PDA

View Full Version : Panic, Windows Explorer file shortcut? deleted!

beetle
13-11-2003, 12:13 AM
ok i somehow in my endeavers to get files changed to rtf, have ended up with the windows explorer file on my desktop...(dont ask) and i though ok get rid of it (the shortcut) but um it deletes the whole shebang and i have no WE then so out it comes from recycle bin and its back on my desktop..... how do i get rid of it? with out deleting the whole thing?

hit me anytime soon with that hammer ok?

beetle

metla
13-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Left click it (and hold the mouse button down) then drag it back to where ever it came from.

beetle
13-11-2003, 12:25 AM
ok before i do any more damage im off to bed and may as last resort do a sys restore in the morning or when i get back to puter, but any other ideas appreciated.....
how the hell i got into this mess is beyond me, and i shoulda had that early night i said i was having...... pc addiction, is there a cure for it?
help anyone?

?:|

thanxs,
beetle

beetle
13-11-2003, 12:28 AM
so why didnt it do that before then?

thanxs metla....... :8}

i stuffed up again huh....

:_|

beetle

Jester
13-11-2003, 12:36 AM
'nite Beetle, sweet dreams (or nightmares) .... ;)

beetle
13-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Nightmares allright...

um its still showing up on my desktop, now if it does not safely delete im not to be responsible for my actions........
but it is also showing up in progs list so theres a chance itlle work right?

night all

beetle

beetle
13-11-2003, 09:19 AM
ok after last nights catastrophy.... i went to delete this shortcut on desktop...LOL and my mouse is sticking so i had multiple icons on the desktop, when click on delete it was sricking on create shortcut so i had at one stage 4or 5 ?windows explorer files on my desktop....

and i am so jet lagged today, from flying computers in my dreams.....
no restful beauty sleep here...... :D

thanxs M and to Jester :p

beetle