PDA

View Full Version : Desktop+Printer Problems.

Poppa John
12-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Maryann & I are networked, XP & 98se. We are using two networked printers, Canon & Epson. We can normally use either/or printer from either/or computer. Both printers are plugged into the XP.
A few days ago the XP desktop rearranged all the screen icons, all by itself. On the same day the Epson printer stopped working on either computer. The Canon will work on the XP but not on the 98se.
The 98 will connect to the Internet as usual. No virus, using AVG & Adaware, all clean. What has happened?? Any ideas? Cannot make the Epson work again, even after deleting & re-loading it. Help please!!!
Poppa John (In trouble with Maryann again!!!!!) PJ :D :D

Chilling_Silently
12-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Hey there PJ,

Good to hear from you :-)

Have you tried getting the latest driver update from the manufacturers website for your printer?

Can it actually "see" the printer if you browse the LAN through network neighbourhood?

metla
12-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Still have network troubles aye?

shame shame shame.

After all the drama i would recomend professional help to make sure shes all good from the ground up so to speak.

You could try entering computer repair wanganui into google,the first on the top of the list looks like a crafty fellow.

beetle
12-11-2003, 11:14 PM
hey i thought we werent going to push :p um company's ?LOL
but i do recomend a fellow close to you PJ.....just around the corner in fact........
and it is at top of the list to.....wow... well done M......

very good service and back up is marvelous....

and ongoing support for all er computer related probs,

ok PJ and choccys and flower's or a nice morning tea shout works wonder's on people's er um trouble's..... and MA might like that?

:D
beetle

Poppa John
12-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Metla. Give us a break!!!. We haven't touched anything, it just happened, Honest. PJ.

metla
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah Beetle,we managed to get the site pushed very well by google.

Probally too well,im getting requests from all over the world.

Infact if you just put my company name into google it comes 3rd or 4th on the list which surprised me as theres many companies worldwide trading with the same name.

Anyway,i hereby disqualify myself for pushing my services,but from time to time reading some of these threads my first thought is to call someone in when its a reocuring problem....and i am just round the corner....

beetle
12-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Well I would still recomend you.....
whatever the circumstances.

:D

beetle