PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: The idiots of P2PNZ...

cyberchuck
12-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Ok, this is a direct copy of an email I sent to some friends, so excuse some things like formatting not looking right and everything (Can't do lists in PF1) and so forth... I've been asked to throw it up here so yeah, here it is..
The language does get a bit dodgy at times but there shouldn't be anything that PF1 can't censor or anything should it be too bad and I also wiped the names of the people who said this, though those that have the email can tell you who said what...

===============================
Subject: 100 things I hate about P2PNZ
Date: 12 Nov 2003 18:02:18 +1300
===============================

Stuff like this reminded me of the potential joys of starting ones own hub..
The essential idea being to keep the load low and the dumbasses out...
Note that these are actual quotes taken from having my machine logged in for about an hour or so.. (These are quotes I just thought you'd find funny, they are in chronological order, but aren't all of them.. These are just the real dumbass ones)
Also the comments in brackets are my remarks

* omg... someone haxed msn (note: .Phantom is a mod - shows you what life we have on this hub)
* now how do ui contact the person who hacked msn maybe they can hack the ncea main frame (nice thinking numbutz!)
* only 6th formers have the right to complain about NCEA (this idiot is a mod too!)
* Mother ****er, I had a Gator.exe file or GMT.EXE ****ing my CPU usage (well I wonder what you've been downloading?)
* my school is like a kernel, so many subsystems and process schedulers (that's a dog kernal right?)
* can U run office XP and **** like that off Linux?
* I'm gonna fail half my assessments, but I dont' care, education is faggoty (think of that when you're pumping my gas)
* Sucks how RED HAT Linux is no longer going to be releasing any more free versions
* red hat, more like fag hat
* just faggy microsoft to get a faggy game
* i OC'ed my MSN
* Linux has no software
* you should install windows for linux (pardon?)
* to leverage the full power and elegant beauty of the Windows OS and it's magnificent design
* actually i heard Linux internet isn't compatible with Windows Internet (Where the hell do you get a 'Windows' internet?! I mean really.. The internet is the transfer of data packets over the TCP protocol!)
* my computer contains the internet so it doesnt have a modem (could I request that on CDRom?)
* google uses Longhorn thats why they never crash (Hear that fulla's?!?)
* unix is old school
* if my cpu runs at 100% for a long time will it burn out?
* my dad could beat up your dad
* the internet is when two or more computers using Microsoft Windows communicate over the ActiveX protocol layer transport services demon
* open source more like COMMUNIST SORUCE
* communist source, more like hitler sauce
* dont see why you guys hate microsoft so much... nothing wrong with it, only smelly nerds worry bout that ****. (Hey Man! I showered this morning!)
* any1 got Britney Spears?
* shes in my spare room hold on i go get her
* intel can lick my nuts, cos mac is licking my arse (well, whatever turns you on I guess... I prefer a good movie and a nice warm bed, but hey, they're your bodily protudes)
* does bill gates have a hot daughter ?
* if u mircosoft try linux....and then u will love mircosoft (Yep.. It gets depressing not having to force my baby to reboot every 2hrs..)
* but MS aren't very good at designing things so you can't blame them (Yeah man! WinXP is a complete ripoff of Win98! And come on, you have to admit Win311 looked exactly like DOS!)
* Jetstart is the same as ISDN pretty much

Regards

M

cyberchuck
12-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Uh yeah..
Just ignore the names in the brackets - forgot to check them and only realized once I had posted :p
So yeah..
No names no nothing.. ;)

PoWa
12-11-2003, 08:36 PM
lmao! :^O

I think they are all young newbies around <14years. But yea some of that is really retarded, what are their IQ's!!

PoWa
12-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Wait wait wait...this oens the best:

>* the internet is when two or more computers using Microsoft Windows communicate over the ActiveX protocol layer transport services demon

segfault
12-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah, they are a bunch of moron wannabe hax0rs over there. Makes you wonder what the next generation of NZers are going to turn out like.

-=JM=-
12-11-2003, 10:23 PM
There are reasons to start ones own hub, but too many hubs is not a good thing.

Most of the people you find in dc.p2p.net.nz are the type of people that are commonly referred to as a GP Tard, GP being this place (http://www.gpforums.co.nz/). There are other places they come from as well.

When someone says "OMG some1 ha><0r3|) teh MSNs" most of the time I think you'll find they know whats happened but say that because they think they're 1337.

There are people that genuinely behave like those quotes, others are people taking the piss out of the people that genuinely do.

cyberchuck
13-11-2003, 07:33 AM
> There are reasons to start ones own hub, but too many
> hubs is not a good thing.
That's true, I'd rather have one big hub then tonnes of decentralized ones but at the same time I'd rather belong to a hub that has members which actually have brains in their heads and can analyze something without resorting to it been 'H4X0R3D'.. There's no problems with people that don't know enough about 'h4x1n9' and keep they're mouths shut about it but yeah when you have mods doing this stuff there's a serious problem...
They were kicking people for not answering what internet speed they have (and telling them to read the rules before returning) yet allowing others and to use excessive language and not keeping the conversation clean along with breaking a few other rules they have on their site...

> When someone says "OMG some1 ha><0r3|) teh MSNs" most
> of the time I think you'll find they know whats
> happened but say that because they think they're
> 1337.
> There are people that genuinely behave like those
> quotes, others are people taking the piss out of the
> people that genuinely do.
Yeah, but theres a difference from me saying "MSN is down because their status page says they're undergoing maintenance" and "OMG some1 ha><0r3|) teh MSNs" without looking at the status page at all - wonder how some of these people reacted when Xtra went down last month...
Should've seen the following messages though - stuff like (proper english and not direct quotes):
"Should I change my password"
"Nah the hackers still there and'll see it"
or "Send an email about NCEA and the hacker will see it and try to get the NCEA mainframe"

Get some damn idiots there to be honest.

whetu
13-11-2003, 09:35 AM
nz already has too many hubs

http://www.dc.nzgames.co.nz/hublist.php (let's see if you can pick which one I run)

I too despise the dc.p2p.net.nz hub, as I hate being confined in a small space with lesser creatures who obviously failed to pay attention in primary school, hence the complete lack of a firm grasp on the english language. The only thing that dc.p2p.net.nz has in its advantage is that its behemoth size means there's plenty of selection... but if you ask me, I prefer quality over quantity.

cyberchuck
13-11-2003, 09:40 AM
> I too despise the dc.p2p.net.nz hub, as I hate being confined in a small space with
> lesser creatures who obviously failed to pay attention in primary school, hence the
> complete lack of a firm grasp on the english language. The only thing that
> dc.p2p.net.nz has in its advantage is that its behemoth size means there's plenty of
> selection... but if you ask me, I prefer quality over quantity.

Hehe - that's probably the funniest thing I've heard all day... Thanks for the link - might start looking for some decent hubs..
Might have to get myself motivated after exams and get access to a few others too ;):p...

Phantom
13-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Oh come on. Do you guys have no sense of humour??

That comment by me was taken way out of context.

tRon said something about msn being h4x0red and I just said that as a smart ass comment! I was just saying it because tRon said something. I frequently chat with Mr tRon (ask him about his hat hehe). If anyone thought I was being serious, well god help them.

I agree that the chat in the hub is pretty stupid and immature. Theres not much we can really do about it. I op in all of the major NZ hubs, plus a few smaller ones, hell I even run the biggest private one. dc.p2p is the only one with these problems.

this is what my logs say about that bit of chat:
<1> someone hacked MSN
<tRon> voted deny
<tRon> voted 5
<2> tron: then it must be down :P
<3> i cant get in either man
<4> edc???????
<5> CONFIRM
<4> EDC?
<6> golden hambabies
<tRon> hay guyz I heard someone haxed msn, I can't login IT'S TRUE
<7> pronk'd
<5> (yes i am lagged)
<6> sorry i meant EBDIC
<tRon> lol prank'd
<8> msn just up for me
<6> my flat has got new flatmates and they have a playstation 2 i'ma gonna play FF X at long last
<9> i cant log in msn either
<10> earlier on, i couldnt log in using one of my accounts but i could with another...anybody else had that problem?
<.Phantom> omg... someone haxed msn
<6> TIDUS TIDUS LOL
<.Phantom> bastards

If you can't see that my comment was just a joke, well then you need to take things a little less seriously.

Phantom
13-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Can I also mention that if you don't like the hub, no one is forcing you to use it.
Also, the comment about the mods asking people what kind of connection they have, and kicking them if they don't say.... well I find that hard to believe. We have commands like !gethost username, which can tell us reasonably well.
I attempt to treat every person the same, so if I kick 1 person for something, and another person does it, i'll kick them for it too. I don't watch all the time, in fact I only see it for about 10 seconds about once every 30 mins. If someone is talking to me, then I will stick around for longer, or if I think that its out of control, or an op is needed. I also have an alert whenever someone asks for an op, or for me, or about PhantomDC++ so I may come in at those times aswell.

If you are judging all the mods on the actions of one of them, then maybe you should just say that 1 mods name.

tRon
13-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Sup guys, loosen up. Like my hat?

CyberChuck was probably referring to me on most accounts. It was probably him that refused to change his connection setting despite me giving him warning and explaining to him why. (If you don't read and follow the rules, you shouldn't be in the hub)

Biggles
13-11-2003, 11:47 AM
This is not the P2PNZ slagging forum. If you guys want to have a "aren't they all hopless noobs" bragging match about P2PNZ users I suggest you do it in their forums.