PDA

View Full Version : My web host's server choking ?

Breezzee
12-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Over the past week I've noticed what seems to me slow page loading at peak times on my web site. ?:| (I'm not spamming, it's a general request)

If anyone has 5 minutes up their sleeves could you drop in and have a quick view around and give me some feed back ?

Like ...

-The time you viewed
-Are you on dial up or not
-Did it seen slow say compared to noraml web sites

My host is NZ based and assures me things are running at burst speeds of around 700KB/second and has pleanty of head room. Been working the last 6 months OK.

www.theboss.co.nz

Cheers in advance....

Jester
12-11-2003, 07:58 PM
I have just had a look around 7.52pm on Jetstart. All loaded up promptly (faster than Press F1 anyway :P).

Nice looking site you have there too :)

J.

stu140103
12-11-2003, 08:52 PM
I also had a look at 8:48 pm Jet Start (Jet Stream Starter) and as Jester said it all loaded up promptly.

stu140103
12-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Also by the way can I ask who your host is????

Breezzee
12-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Kiwi Web Hosting

www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz

Thanks for the replys guys. Looks like I'll have to dig deeper....

It's a real bugger as other web sites are loading ok.

MrBeef
12-11-2003, 09:11 PM
All good.

EXCEPT FOR THE DIRTY FILTHY FORD!

stu140103
12-11-2003, 09:13 PM
> It's a real bugger as other web sites are loading ok.

How long has this been happing??? Or has it just started today???? If that is the case, they might of had some server problems early in the day which they have sorted out now.

Breezzee
12-11-2003, 09:32 PM
> How long has this been happing???

For about the last 5 days. Loads fine at times like 6:00am when I look before I go to work, also ok in the early hours of the morning.

Been searching google tonight for answers. One answer I found maybe in my code. Too many tables in a table being served to the browser at peak times. Getting more ?:| ....

stu140103
12-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Have you contact your host & ask them??? They might be able to give you a bit more of an insight.

Breezzee
12-11-2003, 10:10 PM
> Have you contact your host & ask them??? They might
> be able to give you a bit more of an insight.

Yeah, email's back and forth over the last couple of days. Asked if I had tried accessing it through an alternative ISP. This seemed the best way to do that. (Work 12 hour days at the moment so no time to head into town to use an internet cafe)

Seems to load part pages and then lock up. But dosen't happen all the time or on the same page. If I click the stop button it will show what it has loaded. Even the source code isn't completly loading at times.

metla
12-11-2003, 10:15 PM
I have 2 sites hosted by the same company and they seem to be humming along nicely,both get a boatload of traffic.

Only hiccup was a couple nights ago when the server must have had a glitch and both sites disapered offline about five times over an hour and a half.

Other then that they have been fine.