PDA

View Full Version : Apple Powerbook or IBM Thinkpad ?

scottiedave
12-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi , I am currently looking for a new laptop for myself . It will be mainly used for broadband internet surfing , watching DVD movies ; sometimes word process but barely gaming . Which one would be more suitable for me ? (without the price factor ) Which one has higher software processing speed overall ? Thanks!

Mike
12-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Well as far as I'm aware, they're completely different machines, one will happily run Windows XP, while they other will run Apple OSX (most probably) - you won't be able to run any (could be wrong) Windows software/games etc. on the Apple, and vice versa.

Mike.

ilikelinux
12-11-2003, 07:21 PM
the apple one will run Apple Os X
and the ibm one will run doze,

All thoygh both will run linux!

Apple = linux for ppc processors
Ibm = Linux for x86 processors

segfault
12-11-2003, 07:28 PM
If it was me, I'd go with the Powerbook. OS X is really nice :) Much better than XP.

rsnic
12-11-2003, 07:34 PM
For asthetics, stability and security go for apple, you probably already know what to expect from windows. If you have games for windows they will not work with an apple. Probably the best bet is to go and have a look at them both in a shop and have a play.

Jim B
12-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Mac OS X panther (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2003-11-04-baig_x.htm) is a special breed of cat.