PDA

View Full Version : stop msn messenger that comes with xp logining in when i have msn 6.1 insta

event2
12-11-2003, 11:28 AM
my msn messenger that comes with windows xp pree installed keeps logging in and running with out it showing in the task bar. i know this because it cums up and tells me how many messages i have in my hot mail and when ppl come online. i hva downloaded and installed msn messenger 6.1 and hav goine in to add/remobe windows components and removed the xp version and it shows its not there and i jst cant seem to stop it. when i loggin on 6.1 a we alert box cums up i have been signed in on another location but i hav jst signed in on 6.1 ERRRR help me how do i get rid of this!!

cheers!!
richard

BootyLicious
12-11-2003, 11:38 AM
This programe will uninstall your old msn messenger XP-Antispy3e (http://www.vulpes.se/tools/XP_antispy/XPAntiSpy3-English/xp-AntiSpy3E.exe)

somebody
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Otherwise in Windows Messenger, in the tools-Options you can untick "automatically sign in" and "run when windows starts".

Chilling_Silently
12-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Just to add another two ways:
The first is the easiest>
Rename the C:\Program Files\Messenger\ folder to something else, like Messenger_Backup
This is just in case you need it for some reason I cant think of in the future ;-)

The next is if you're running WinXP Pro,
Click Start
Run
type in:
gpedit.msc
Click on Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration
Click Windows Components
Click Windows Messenger
Enable both of the two options :-)

Hope this helps

Chill.