PDA

View Full Version : Eudor Pro 6 and NIS

Sami
12-11-2003, 09:21 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I installed NIS 2004 and am having trouble with it in relation to Eudora Pro 6. Although I have not configured the NAV portion to "check outgoing mail" and checked the option "protect against timeouts" it's still busily checking outgoing mail when Eudora drops the connection. So at the moment I have to dial up manually to ensure that emails are sent complete.

Symantec is virtually impossible to contact and boasts that 90% of problems are covered in their knowledge base. True Symantec recognises such a problem with Outlook and Outlook express, but does not mention Eudora.

Although the upgrade from NIS 2002 to 2004 cost A$90, they still want and outrageous $46 for telephone support on a new, newly installed programme!!! I upgraded to 2004 because in NIS 2002 the antivirus part would not function with XP.

I have asked Qualcomm if they can shed any light - but I suspect that it's not Eudora that's causing the problem. I thought maybe they might contact Symantec for a steer!

If anyone has any clues on this problem Id be most grateful.

Jim B
12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
In Eudora options, Internet Dialup try unticking Hang up after receiving and sending.
Also check and try some other settings under Checking Mail and Sending mail.

Sami
12-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Jim B. Thanks, I've tried all that several times - no solution. "m certain that the problem is in NIS/NAV and its relationship to Eudora.