PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Off-Topic: Circuit diagram to Veroboard layout software

somebody
11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the extremely large number of Off Topic posts i've made in the last few days.

I'm trying to find a (freeware) program which will automatically convert a circuit diagram into a veroboard layout diagram. Does anyone know of any software like this exists, and if so, where could I get it?

Graham L
11-11-2003, 03:40 PM
I have an idea I have seen a sugestion that such a programme exixts ... probably in the EPE magazine.

I've never felt the need ... apart from the fact that you'ld have to get the circuit into a computer understandable form.

If you're not too concerned with the absolutely mimumum board size, it's quite easy to do it by hand. (Just for fun, I built one of the inverter circuits for high intensity LEDs on Veroboard. I managed to make it fit in the same size -- to fit in the space of an AA cell -- as the magazine's PC board.)

somebody
11-11-2003, 05:10 PM
I once spent a good 2-3 hours putting a circuit from a circuit diagram to a veroboard layout, which although kind of "fun", ended up being quite hard to figure out what goes where by the time I'd drawn in all the lines which needed to be drawn in. I found a program called Vutrax, but i'm still downloading it so I don't know if it works or not.