PDA

View Full Version : kinda OT:Store Sales

csinclair83
11-11-2003, 12:14 PM
I remember theres a website where it tells u what stores have sales on or upcoming ones so that you dont miss out or that if you planning on buying somehting you wait till the sale is on....
have been looking for it on google but dont seem 2 be having much luck..

-=JM=-
11-11-2003, 01:48 PM
I have absolutely no idea what the heck site would do such a thing and more to the point where they would get the information in the first place.

I work at a large retail chain, we certainly DO NOT go telling people when the next sale is coming up, heck for the main part we have no idea ourselves. If there is a site which does this the opposition are going to look at the site and then have their own sale on the same day.

Not thinking of PriceSpy http://www.pricespy.co.nz

Susan B
11-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I have heard of such a site but that was a loooong time ago and have no idea where it would be now, or if it even still exists at all. I would be very surprised if it does still exist - not many stores would want the competition to know that sort of information.

Incidentally, I believe that it is the law that if a customer asks in a shop whether the price of something will be reduced in the near future the shop is required to provide that information. So if you were about to purchase a new laptop and asked at Noel Leeming if that model would be "on sale" during the next week or two they are obliged to tell you that it will be if that is the case, allowing you the choice of waiting for the savings.

Not sure how that would apply depending on who you asked because the lowly floor staff would probably not be as greatly informed as the manager would be. :D

csinclair83
11-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Ohh ok, i must be wrong somewhere if this doesnt happen...
as friends and i are wanting to purchase stuff at the computer stores and dont want to at the mo as we know theres a xmas sale coming up...we just wanting to know ...."when".....

Graham L
11-11-2003, 03:05 PM
If a manufacturer announces a new model of something coming out in the near future, and you see a retailer who has pallet loads of the current model, you might expect a special offer soon. :D

-=JM=-
11-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Not too sure about that Susan. I know that most stores will give you a refund if you see it advertised at a lower price later.

csinclair83
11-11-2003, 04:18 PM
yeah they promote they beat other quotedprices but gotta bring in proof...and also if you find it cheaper elsewhere up to 7 days after purchase then they refund you 10% from the cheaper price....so yeah theres good things now :)...

is there any holiday weekends coming up? if not then next sale would probably be first week or so of december...for xmas.. thats here already.....

-=JM=-
11-11-2003, 04:50 PM
It's show day on Friday.

*/me looks forward to time and a half*

If you're in the right city

csinclair83
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
the chch show day you mean?
i remember going to that