PDA

View Full Version : print properties in word 2000, displayed in characters

Hershyll
11-11-2003, 10:39 AM
I"ve got a friend running word 2000, when they go to print and click on properties all the text is displayed in characters. Its sounds really strange to me. Does anyone have any idea, short of re-installing, on how to fix it.

CYaBro
11-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Does it do the same thing in any other programs?

It would be more likely to be the printer driver. Try removing and reinstalling it.

parry
11-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi, when you select File|Print from the menu and then you select the properties button in the box that appears you get the properties of your pinter such as what type of paper your using, how much ink is left etc. This is nothing to do with the view of whats printed.

Do you mean print preview comes up with symbols? What happens when its actually printed - is it OK or does it have symbols?

Hershyll
12-11-2003, 09:43 AM
the pages and print preview print fine, The problem is that the print properties window, (file, print, properties) is displayed in characters, that is the words like features, ink, settings etc, do not read, they are all scrambled.

CYaBro
12-11-2003, 10:06 AM
You haven't by accident installed a Chinese (or some other foreign language) printer driver? That's the only time I've seen something like you are describing.