PDA

View Full Version : "My Telecom"



csinclair83
11-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Is anyone here having trouble accessing it? For the last 2 weeks i sign in and it gives me a 404 error and then i emailed the telecom people and they said the problem would be fixed in 48-72hrs and its over 5 days ago...and its still not fixed, and theres no mention of a error oin their website to stop people wasting time logging in and waiting and finding out it was all a waste of time...
it just pisses me off...whats causing it anyway?

and i hope its not me thats having a computer issue...

sam m
11-11-2003, 06:53 AM
Hi Chris,
I managed to get in ok just now. Just wondering, are you clicking on a saved "favourite"? They have changed their site so maybe if you have saved it as a favourite then maybe your link is dead.

Try going to Telecom Homepage and sign in from there.

Also check to make sure that your security settings for your browser are not too high.

good luck
sam m

beama
11-11-2003, 07:09 AM
Chris
Another idea try clearing your cache. Your browser maybe using a cached copy
in IE 5.5 and 6, I think to clear your cache its Tools......Options......Delete files button.
Or try forcing a page refresh, press Ctrl and F5 keys when on the site (this works on IE not sure about other browsers) F5 just refreshes the page from cache, as does the refresh button

csinclair83
11-11-2003, 10:24 AM
g'day guys...
i just did tools, options, delete files...and a force refresh...
and still got a http 404 not found...

my security setting is on custom level..

am using winxp home :)

can someone help..

i also have it setted onto find a newer page every time i go onto any website.

beama
11-11-2003, 10:21 PM
bump

csinclair83
11-11-2003, 10:24 PM
lol i was just about to message here...
as i emailed them again since this problem still occuring when i emptied all my history cookings etc and let all cookies identified etc and still happens

beama
11-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Chris
There was a post simular to your problem within in the last week try a seacrh on the forum, there was a solution given of how to repair certain dll files that maybe help you.
Also have you tried a repair goto add remove programs find internet explorer click on remove you then should get a popup box which gives you three options one of which is to repair select this one ( the other optons i cant remember at this time). I know this works in 98se Ive had to do it to my system a couple of times before changing to Firebird.
Another thought an incorrect uninstall of zonealarm can also cause this.
Also if you are using a proxy check those settings as well