PDA

View Full Version : DriveImage v Ghost

Scouse
10-11-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Kiwibeat
You recently mentioned the use of DriveImage. I have been contemplating the purchase of Ghost. Any comment or comparison notes that would be of help? Thanks

htennent
10-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Well, I just purchased Powerquest's Drive Image 7 online about 10 minutes ago. Some notes to help you. I found that retailers are not tending to sell Norton Ghost (can't find Drive Image instore either), and if they do, it is around the $199 mark, which for the same amount, you can buy Norton Systemworks which includes Ghost and a number of Symantec's other products including Norton Antivirus. If you go for Image Drive I would recommend downloading their update from Powerquests site. Additionally, it appears that you must have the .net framework installed to use it. You can download it from the windowsupdate site. Well, it should be delivered in a day or two, so i'll know more then.

ntddevsys
10-11-2003, 09:24 PM
I'd go with Norton Systemworks 2004 Professonial,

Antivirus, Utilites and Ghost

Good Value ;)

kiwibeat
10-11-2003, 09:28 PM
I have both, but only have tried out Drive Image on my 98SE PC works well and is easy to use Ghost is supposedly more complex to use

PoWa
10-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Drive Image 2002 and up should be very good. I have the 2002 version and even thats good. Might pay to wait around a bit, as Symantec bought the Drive Image software off PowerQuest and they might come up with a super imaging program ;)