PDA

View Full Version : Tabbed browser add on for IE6

zqwerty
10-11-2003, 04:47 PM
I just found this on the internet and it looks very promising.

http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

Regards Rob.

Fire-and-Ice
10-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Interesting. :-)

There is no doubt that tabbed browsing is the cats whiskers but it is well known that alternative browsers such as Opera, Mozilla and Firebird are much faster than IE when it comes to surfing. Not to mention the reduced security risks that the other browsers offer in comparison.

Take a look at how much screen real estate that add-on hogs as well with all its fancy toolbars. The first thing I would do is get rid of those for a start.

Nah, I'll stick to Opera and Firebird thanks.

kiwibeat
10-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Avant does all the tabbed stuff as well

zqwerty
10-11-2003, 06:57 PM
I have done a lot of extra work on IE6 and my browser config is fast now. I am on dial up so maybe I am not seeing the benefits of the other browsers but as far as I am concerned they are only as fast and maybe slower than IE6. I use Cache Sentry and Fast Defrag, which both made significant inprovements to my browsing speed. Also I use Modem Booster which should help all the browsers and I can d/l at 5.2Kb/s or is it 5.2 kB/s for hours. I have d/l Open Office 1.1 approx 65Meg using dial up no probs. I think my d/l speed is very close to the theoretical max on dial up although I swear I have seen this very modem d/l for hours on a well known p2p program at, and believe me it is true, 9.3 kb/s hour after hour on dial up. I was so pleased to get it and was disappointed when I could not duplicate the results.
Any thoughts on why that might have happened? I was not seeing things. I saw it doing it on at least 3 separate occasions widely separated in time.

Regards Rob.

-=JM=-
10-11-2003, 09:38 PM
crazybrowser is good. Though it's still IE based.

Robby
11-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Gidday.

I have been using myIE2 for a while now, works great. It isnt a IE
add on though, it stands alone.

cheers,

Robby