PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream problems and confusions.

mejobloggs
09-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Here we go.

We have a jetstream full speed 1gb plan from Telecom. Telecom says we use around 900mb per month.

Our ISP is watchdog, and we have a 500mb plan from them, and they say we use around 300mb a month.

I guess there is somethind screwed here. There is no way we would use 900mb a month, and I wouldnt have even thought 300mb a month.

Obviously we are paying too much, because we have to pay Telecom for a 1gb account, yet im sure we only use around 300mb.

Also, I want to use jetstream games. I don not play online games, as I have no games to play on line, but I would like to download from the ftp jetreamgames, so it doesn't count as mb's on my account.

The problem is, you have to change a password. I wouln't have a clue how to do that. My Dad doesnt even know what the password is, and I can't find anywhere to change a password.

We have an hardware firewall, and a zyxell modem. We have a network of 3 computers. I think the firewall (SnapGear) is a router also, or else its the ADSL modem.

I have tried to access the modem, but it says its not even connected to our computer.

Wouldn't have a clue how to access the firewall.

Bleargh. Thats all for now. I want to download stuff from jetstream games for free.

Terry Porritt
09-11-2003, 08:51 PM
What is your question ? You have only made statements that are difficult to understand.

Gods-Hitman
09-11-2003, 09:09 PM
I'm going to answer question 2 (the rest and for the more god-father and PoWa people)

if your jetstream account is jim.adsl@xtra.co.nz
if you need to get on to www.jetstreamgames.co.nz
you make an account with the user name as jim@jetstreamgames.co.nz
and password will be you normal one or you telecom ID number (like 152334)
hope you can get all this in :)

mejobloggs
09-11-2003, 09:32 PM
> What is your question ? You have only made
> statements that are difficult to understand.

Well, that sound like me then. For the first statement, I was just hoping someone else had got this problem before, and could tell me what on earth is happening.

For the second, I wanted to know how to log into jetstream games.

mejobloggs
09-11-2003, 09:34 PM
> I'm going to answer question 2 (the rest and for the
> more god-father and PoWa people)
>
> if your jetstream account is jim.adsl@xtra.co.nz
> if you need to get on to www.jetstreamgames.co.nz
> you make an account with the user name as
> jim@jetstreamgames.co.nz
> and password will be you normal one or you telecom ID
> number (like 152334)
> hope you can get all this in :)

Um. Where do I put this username and password?

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
09-11-2003, 09:38 PM
user@jetstreamgames.co.nz
password: [blank is fine] otherwise 'abc123' will work too

Change your exisiting logging on details to this

Good luck,

whiskeytangofoxtrot
09-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Umm... thats an extremely unintelligible post.

Lets try and address some of it:

Your ISP plan on JetSTREAM full speed should not make any difference. As the ISP doesn't provide the bandwidth for JetSTREAM full speed it doesn't matter to them if you download 1MB or 10,000MB - all they are providing is the helpdesk, authentication and e-mail handling in all reality.

Why would you want to download from the JetstreamGames FTP when you don't have games on your computer? That FTP site will only provide you with things like patches for online games etc etc - what is the point in downloading them if you don't have the games in the first place.

The username and password need to be changed on your ADSL modem. By the sounds of things you will have a web-interface for your ADSL modem - consult the manual it should point you in the right direction.

Jester
09-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Gidday Joe

These guys are (quite correctly) showing you what you need to connect to the Jetstream Games realm as far as user name and password goes, BUT my guess is that you want to know where and how you enter the user name and password on your system?

If you are using a router you may have the ability to set this up by going using the IP address of the router in internet explorer. Use http://routersipaddress to get to the configuration page. Once there look for ppp settings. This is very general info though, it really depends on what you are using.

You may need to hunt down the manual for your router/modem or find out exactly what model it is (look on the back of it for a model number) and post details here.

J
:D

mejobloggs
09-11-2003, 10:21 PM
sorry for my garbage.

I have the games, but I dont play them online, and I want the patches and demos.

I have tried lots of ip addresses, but none work. I have tried the software for the modem (or firewall, not sure) but it says its not connected. We dont even know the password.

I guess we are kinda stuffed.

Forget about it. I cant explain it properly.

mejobloggs
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
ok.

Modem is Zyxell Prestige 642R - 11
It has an ethernet address with lots of letters and numbers on it, whatever that is.

Firewall is a SnapGear Lite+

I think i found out how to access the modem.
telnet://192.168.1.1 asks for a password
I will have to find the password

Can I save all the settings? Because I dont want to change the username and pasword to the jetstreamgames one, and not be able to change it back, because we dont know our normal password.

Unless the normal password is the same as dialup?

Jester
09-11-2003, 10:48 PM
First, try typing 'password' as your password to access the router's configuration settings. Generally routers are set for this as the default however you are encouraged to change this once up and running.

Once in there locate where you enter your isp sign in name and password. Your usual isp's password will most likely be the one you use to access your email from that isp.

Alternatively ring them and ask for them to tell you (make sure you have some way of confirming your ID), or they may ask a 'secret question'. You will need this to re-enter after connecting and logging off the Jetstream realm.

Good luck

J
:D

Murray P
09-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Hi Jonathan. To attempt tp access the router find the manual or download it it should tell you what the standard default factory set username and password is. Hopefully it is still the same, otherwise you'll have to find out haw to reset the router but, you will lose all the settings entered if you do this but your ISP should be able to help you reload them. If your router IP is 198.168.1.1 you can acces it from any browser. Last word on the router. If its not giving trouble don't touch it. AFAIN it will make no difference to whether you can access downloads at Jetsream Games or any other site. You'll probably need to get past the gateway/firewall too.

Your agrement is with your ISP, they re-sell the Telecom adsl connection. For eg, I'm with Paradise 128Kb (Telecom Jetsarter) with a 10GB limit. The limit is offered by my ISP not Telecom who do not offer an equivelent plan via Xtra (= 5GB limit).

HTH Murray P

Chilling_Silently
09-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Your default password should be 1234.

I would suggest you block access to it from IP's outside your LAN when you get the chance.. throw your router model (minus the -11) and "password" into google and see what comes up :-)

You then will need to write down the details of your current setup (ISP's username/password) and modify it to the JetStream Games details.

Just for the record, JSG has a few Linux Distro's, Patches, Updates, Fixes... Movie Trailers and more, Not just games!

I would also advise you change your default password if you havent already done so. If somebody found out your IP address, its not terribly hard to try the 3x most common passwords for routers:
password
private

I hope this helps

Greg S
10-11-2003, 12:44 AM
> Why would you want to download from the
> JetstreamGames FTP when you don't have games on your
> computer? That FTP site will only provide you with
> things like patches for online games etc etc - what
> is the point in downloading them if you don't have
> the games in the first place.

There is at least one full version game free to download - eg America's Army, and there are also many game demos

mejobloggs
10-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I see in the manual, that the default is 1234, but that doesnt work.

I think I saw it on a piece of paper the other day, so I will have a look.

chiefnz
11-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi joe

just to let you know that if you're using Telecom's Jetstream package, the password for logging into your ADSL modem (192.168.1.1) is "Telecom", which is case sensitive, leave the "username" blank.

Once you're in you can edit the log-in settings to get on to the jetstreamgames site.

Hope that helps

cheers
chiefnz

mejobloggs
11-11-2003, 07:03 PM
sweet. I will fgive it a shot.

Jester
11-11-2003, 09:24 PM
> Why would you want to download from the
> JetstreamGames FTP when you don't have games on your
> computer? That FTP site will only provide you with
> things like patches for online games etc etc - what
> is the point in downloading them if you don't have
> the games in the first place.

Take a look on
ftp://jetstreamgames.co.nz/
in the pub folder. You don't have to be logged in using Jetstream Games realm to access this one.

If you are logged on with Jetstream the ftp://ftp2.jetstreamgames.co.nz/ site has more.

J.

mejobloggs
17-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Cool as, I mananged it.

I still dont know what my account password is though, so I have to be careful not to change that.

I still cannot log into that ftp2 one though. It asks me for username and password, and I type the same as the modem, and it doesnt work.

I hope it has worked properly, because i just downloaded a stack of stuff.
I couldnt seem to go to anywhere else, so I hope it worked

I will find out it hasnt if I get a big bill.

What type of stuff is in the ftp2 place?

cyberchuck
17-11-2003, 08:31 PM
FTP2 is having 'problems' at the moment (well that's what their forums say anyway). The alternative FTP2 is available at ftp://203.96.92.93

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-11-2003, 08:42 PM
> just to let you know that if you're using Telecom's
> Jetstream package, the password for logging into your
> ADSL modem (192.168.1.1) is "Telecom", which is case
> sensitive, leave the "username" blank.

That will only work on Telecom supplied ADSL modems which are few and far between.

mejobloggs
18-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Can you acutally download linux from jetstream games?

mejobloggs
19-11-2003, 10:21 PM
or only linux patches?

Chilling_Silently
19-11-2003, 11:16 PM
I thought that FTP2 had Gentoo on it?

Anyways, you can download tons of game Demo's, patches, updates, driver updates, AND Linux Distros :-)

mejobloggs
20-11-2003, 04:44 PM
I cant find anythin linux on it though. Maybe becuase that other ftp2 one, with the numbers only has the pub folder?

When is the normal one going to be fixed?