PDA

View Full Version : Cant install program

tedheath
08-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Gloom and Despair I have w98se A few months a go I downloaded a smiley faces program called schmaili. It is cool but it causes a big problem.
Yesterday I downloaded the free 3m post it program and when I click on the file it goes to winzip but it starts unzipping as Schmaili.
I have tried to get rid of Schmaili but cant. In control panel I have uninstalled it, explorer type files find and wax, wax from program files but it just wont go away.
I think winzip may be the problem but I dont know what to do to get it to unzip the post it program.

Thanks for any help you can give.

tedheath

cyberchuck
09-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Try clearing out your internet cache and removing the Temp Files as sometimes IE will hold onto setup files for programs and on the rare occasion you'll find that instead of downloading a program, IE just runs it from the cache... Once you've done that try downloading it again.

To get winzip to just unzip the program you should be able to open Winzip in classic mode and then export (or just drag'n'drop) into any folder. Otherwise you could right-click on your zip archive > Extract To > Here

CyberChuck