PDA

View Full Version : printer wont feed paper, have i broke it?

beetle
07-11-2003, 11:59 PM
epsom stylus C61

it stopped and said it was jammed, pulled paper out of it as it was jammed, and now it cant or wont print as it just sounds like its winding all the time....

it just keeps winding like its feeding the paper and nothing happens.... oh dear what have i done?

comes up red light and flashing but does actually say whats wrong with it.

ive done it this time, stuffed it for good have i?

should learn not to touch anything.
prints ok by the looks of last thing printed just paper jam then, now no paper picked up or feeding.

help anyone?

:_|

beetle

peter.jonsson
08-11-2003, 02:38 AM
When you pulled/removed the paper, might be you damaged some part feeding, it did happen to me once years ago. Contact support!?

ilikelinux
08-11-2003, 10:11 AM
have u turned it off and turned it back on?

beetle
08-11-2003, 10:39 AM
yes yes yes yes i have done all that and it wont feed the paper, the paper doesnt even move...just lots of sounds it's trying to move paper or something.

:_|

i may have stuffed it good and proper....
it's only a couple months old....

beetle

stu140103
08-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Have you tried contacting Epsom and see what they say???

Also if it is only a couple months old then it should still be under warranty.

Graham L
08-11-2003, 02:27 PM
The warranty coverage will depend on how obvious the axe marks are. :D

stu140103
08-11-2003, 03:33 PM
> The warranty coverage will depend on how obvious the
> axe marks are. :D

hehehe LOL! :D :D :p ]:)

beetle
08-11-2003, 04:14 PM
ssssssssssshhh tis a hammer...... :p

:D

not an axe....

beetle

metla
08-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Got it sorted yet?

Unplug it from the computer,switch it off at the wall for a bit then switch it back on,walk away from it for ten minutes and see if she puts the printhead back into the rest position.

Otherwise the C61 printer has a indepth trobleshooting guide accesiable from the printer properties(control panel>printers>right click then properties.....)

Other then that,take it back to whomever sold it to you,Normally inkjet fixers are unreparable(by that its cheaper to provide replacement if the unit itself has suffered a failure)

beetle
08-11-2003, 04:41 PM
LOL ok it's printing but does not always manage to feed the paper...
and after nearly knocking it off the desk while trying to get to it.....(my office is local storage place this week) and grazing me leg....sigh.

its going but i will see how it goes......

and im determined not to touch or fiddle without thinking next time....ill leave the beep thing jammed next time....
and call someone eh?

oh joy to the world.

the b*%$#@#$ of the thing is it is the new one not my one playing up, but currently it is on my machine..... as it prints better for my school work so we swapped printers.

life's just so unfair to me at moment....:D

time for a coffee i feel.
thanxs all
and Metla..... always in your debt.

beetle

metla
08-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Ok then,just have a look at the little plastic paper guide on the left side of the paper,if this is to tight it may stop the paper from sliding freely into the printer(u need to squeeze it to move it along) or look into the printer on the same angle that the paper feeds into it and see if anything is noticbly bent or askew.

beetle
08-11-2003, 05:07 PM
LOL as i have no idea what it looks like normally i cannot for the life of me see anything wrong with it......
found a torch, and some batteries that go and clambered back around the tv stand and boxes to get to it.... as the light in this room is dreadful.

but i put the paper back in and pressed feed buttons and after a few clacks and a big shake (never seen it move before - bounce sorta) it feed the paper. ok

i went and had a look at other printer (same make) and it looks the same so ok....
but at the mo ok.
and now i dont need to print anything .....sigh and dont want to waste the ink so (as getting low) in a between rock and hard place.

but if i have future probs i know who to call.... :D

thanxs

beetle