PDA

View Full Version : Paradise

supergran
06-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Was paradise down tonight from at least 8pm till just after 10pm, or is my puter, and my dd's puter playing us up? Serious question, if such a isp is down, how do we find out, is there anywhere on the net that gives us info when our isp is down, or do we have to try and ring them? TIA

stu140103
06-11-2003, 09:49 PM
> Serious question, if such a isp is down, how
> do we find out, is there anywhere on the net that
> gives us info when our isp is down, or do we have to
> try and ring them?

You either wait & keep trying or you have to ring them, or ring a friend who is on the same isp /connection as you and ask if they are having the same problems connecting.

tweak\'e
06-11-2003, 09:50 PM
yeah it was out yet again :(

supergran
06-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys, glad it wasn't just our puters. I had been having a major cleanout of files and folders and thought it was me, then got daugther to check hers, and hers wouldn't either, but didn't really know where to go from there. I do now, thanks.

Jester
06-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Was ok here (Tauranga), been connected adsl for 1 day 1 hour 45 mins without interruption.

J

ilikelinux
07-11-2003, 07:05 AM
when did you restart router or modem and waht for?

oggy
07-11-2003, 07:51 AM
Everything normal in Christchurch...checked e-mails and checked a couple of sites around 9 p.m

Big John
07-11-2003, 10:01 AM
> Was ok here (Tauranga), been connected adsl for 1 day
> 1 hour 45 mins without interruption.

The connections to ADSL did not fail as mine was connected the whole time as well but connecting to pop3 server was a miss & miss. Just timed out all the time except once.
Getting onto the paradise web page took 5 minutes to load and then there was nothing on there saying they had problems.

A decent ISP would put it up saying they was having troubles but paradise wont even answer e-mails. And before you reply that they cant answer every e-mail they would not have to if they put up a network situation report that you can check.

Terry Porritt
07-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Before Paradise was taken over by Saturn/Telstra/Clear they used to have a 'whats new' section on their page that told you if there were or had been problems.
It was very much more personal in those days, and the MD himself would often answer the help line.

Such is progress.

Murray P
07-11-2003, 01:31 PM
They've had mail server problems this morning, upgrading apparently, nice to be told (would have saved me some time, pinging and checking my account srttings :( ). And during the day for adsl they've been having problems with their Telecom connections, again upgrading. Perhaps the later is because they are going to be running their own adsl indepenent of Telecom and they're getting the expected cooperation as they cut the chains.

Cheers Murray P

Jester
07-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Ilikelinu, I only got my new router the day before yesterday (and it's much better than the usb modem I had, which wouldn't work with a smoothwall box, so I ditched the idea of smoothwall and got a router from Dickie Smithies), it was connected from initial install then till just about an hour ago when I got home.

I restarted it as emails werent coming through... I rung Paradise and the recorded message said they were experiencing slow email delivery and adsl high pings. Magically as I was waiting to hear the message it connected successfully again and has been ok since (touch wood).