PDA

View Full Version : Keyed Recovery Disk for XP

SanSingh
03-11-2003, 03:30 PM
I would like to create a Keyed Recovery Disk for Windows XP, sample would be" the PCCompany" recovery Media. I would like information please

cyberchuck
04-11-2003, 05:33 AM
In theory PCCompany recovery disks should be installing with their Key in the first place and should depend on the motherboard type (or some other peripheral) to ensure that the machine is an authentic 'PC Company PC'

There are 2 ways to do this. The first way is to ghost your machine and use Norton Ghost to manage the restorations - preferably the way is to completely wipe your machine, reinstall XP and any other applications you want (eg: IE6, Download Managers, Office, etc) and then ghost your machine to CD/DVD/etc. After that, when you wish to recover your PC you just insert the Ghost CD into your machine, boot off the CD and Ghost will (in effect) restore your PC to the time you ghosted it...

Otherwise, you should read http://www.petri.co.il/install_without_entering_the_cd_key.htm and although it applies to Win2k it should work with XP. Bear in mind that after this you will have to reinstall all your applications from scratch.

CyberChuck

SanSingh
06-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Thank you very much, I learn something new today. you are great