PDA

View Full Version : OE woes

Johalsey
02-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Hi there ya all.
Whilst my problemo is not a major major, it is , never the less erksome. I've used a computer for some time now with operating systems ranging from Win 3.1 through to XP. Have always used OE and IE for surf and mail (Go with the flow Jo). I've found from time to time that OE seems to download my messages in duplicate. Annoying in as much as I have double the normal amount of SPAM to delete. Ummm, yes, it is a Hotmail account. Anyone else run into this problem? Have you found the cure?
Thanks in advance . . .
Jo

stu140103
02-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Hello Johalsey

Welcome to Press F1 :)

1. I also have OE 5.5 SP2 & some times I get the same thing, all I do is re synchronize my account (or wait till it rechecks my mail (I have JetStreem Starter ( ADSL), so I check my mail every 10 min’s or so), & every thing goes back to normal :), I do not think you can stop this happing, you just have to live with it.

This has not happened to me for a wee while now

Tip: if you do not want Spam going in to your inbox on hotmail

When you login online to go "Options" (next to "help") >"Mail Handling” click on” Junk Mail Filter" then you can select "Default”, "Enhanced " & "Exclusive " (this one does a good job) ( but check your Junk Mail folder regularly & make sure you add any one or any mailing list's you want to get & they ends up in the Junk Mail Folder to your safe list

2. I think there is another post about this, but I need to find it

Hope this helps, if not post back here & if you need any more help post back here as well :)

Jim B
02-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Click Tools then Options.
On the General tab if you have BOTH of these items checked,
"When starting, go directly to my ''inbox' folder"
"Send and receive messages at startup"
then HTTP mail such as Hotmail may download two copies if it set as the default mail in OE

When you download Hotmail, either do not access the Hotmail folder itself whilst downloading, or turn off the option to include Hotmail in a send/receive.

If you access the Hotmail folder (which initiates a download) at the same time as OE is retrieving from the same Hotmail account, you can (and often will) get two copies of the email.

Also see MS info at this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q296447

Johalsey
30-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Hi there Jim B . . . (Beam?)
Thank you for your reply re my posting of OE woes. Seems that you have hit the button right on the head. Since having made your suggested mods . . no more duplicates. Thanks again . .
Rgds
J:o)

Johalsey
30-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Hi there Stu,
Thanks for your reply to my posting concerning OE woes. If you are still having much the same problem, suggest that you have a look at the reply I got from the person who replied after you. Since having made the suggested mods . . . no more duplicates. Thanks again, all the best for Christmas . . .
Rgds
J:o)