PDA

View Full Version : directdraw problem????

agent_24
29-10-2003, 06:25 PM
i am doing this for a friend. he has recently been having problems with the mouse, and windows leaving parts of themselves behind on the desktop when he moves them. he said it randomly happend for no reason. he has XP, and the video card is a voodoo 3, 16mb. (3Dfx). dxdiag didnt say he had a direct-draw problem, but as far as i know, the problem (according to MS) is somthing to do with directdraw. he has direct X 8. if anyone knows about this, please let me know. thanks.

Craig C
29-10-2003, 06:50 PM
if you right click on the desktop and go to properties --> settings----> Advanced-----> Troubleshoot. Try playing around with these settings. For example turn off write combining and turn the hardware acceleration down.

If hes got some cash i would suggest upgrading the gfx card. and if hes into gaming its well work at least going to a MX or a Ti as they are cheap now.

tweak\'e
29-10-2003, 07:17 PM
what driver does he use? i'm somewhat rusty on voodoo3's but wasn't the XP driver a third party driver? have a look for a newer version???

Chilling_Silently
29-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Try getting the latest Direct X, and play around with Mouse trails too (A stab in the dark), as I've had a lot of joy with mouse issues to do with the mouse trail settings!