PDA

View Full Version : Dell delivery address

Clouston
24-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Has anybody else who does not live in Auck, Wellington or ChCh tried to purchase a Dell system online and found that they cannot identify their home city in the address field? Despite pointing out the problem to Dell I am unable to purchase a computer to be sent to a city other than those above. I wonder how many other sales Dell are missing out on. What really infuriates me is that I really want an Insipron 5150. I live in New Plymouth and I certainly will not place an order for a $4000 computer with Wngt, Auck or Chch featuring in the delivery address. Please send to New Plymouth via Auckland! ...what?
I'd appreciate any feedback to add weight to my argument to Dell.
regards
Lindsay

Mike
25-10-2003, 07:24 AM
They have a 0800 number, and will happily deliver outside those centres. Try phoning them.

Mike.

Thomas
25-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Have a friend with similar prob,he went to friendly local who built a compu for same price,with the advantage of local backup.

Graham L
25-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Dell's programmers probably looked at an American map of the world, and saw only those three places shown for NZ. It could be worse ... I've seen American "world" maps which don't include NZ --- once in Scientific American. :_|

Mike
25-10-2003, 03:43 PM
> It could be worse ... I've seen American
> "world" maps which don't include NZ --- once in
> Scientific American. :_|

LOL I was at a conference in Barcelona, Spain a few years ago where the NZ contingent was the third largest (after USA & South Korea) and the massive world map they used as a backdrop to the stage was missing NZ. A group of kiwis complained to the organisers on the first day, and by that evening there was NZ - twice the size of Australia - in its rightful place :D

Mike.

Thomas
25-10-2003, 04:23 PM
So that's where Barcelona is;)

metla
25-10-2003, 05:25 PM
> Have a friend with similar prob,he went to friendly
> local who built a compu for same price,with the
> advantage of local backup.

Must have been a real handy guy to build a laptop..... :O

Thomas
25-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Sorry about that Metla,didn't realise it was a laptop.

wotz
25-10-2003, 07:47 PM
I have bought 5 or 6 with no problems. I'm in Nelson

whiskeytangofoxtrot
25-10-2003, 08:11 PM
> Sorry about that Metla,didn't realise it was a
> laptop.

That's because he never said it was a laptop... the original poster has yet to specify if it is a laptop or desktop machine.

Mike
25-10-2003, 08:14 PM
> > Sorry about that Metla,didn't realise it was a
> > laptop.
> That's because he never said it was a laptop... the
> original poster has yet to specify if it is a laptop
> or desktop machine.

He gave the model number, Insipron 5150, which is a laptop.

Mike.

metla
25-10-2003, 08:19 PM
> Sorry about that Metla,didn't realise it was a
> laptop.

Aye?....dont be sorry,i was just messin with ya.