PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures don't appear on my homepage

oggy
24-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Hi. Published my hompage last night. Looked fine in Mozilla, crap in Netscape and fine in Explorer.
Checked it at work this morning using Explorer thru the network. Half the photos aren't there. Frames are in place but the only content is a white box with a red cross on the inside. What does this mean?

Barnabas
24-10-2003, 09:35 AM
It means that the path to where your pictures are stored, has changed. You will need to check the links for the pictures to make sure that they are still stored in the same place.

B.

oggy
24-10-2003, 09:54 AM
So if I just delete the whole lot from the server and upload it all again that would probably fix it? (I did do some editing on the page last night)
Was just baffled why it showed perfectly on one version of Explorer (98) but not on the more up to date at work.

stu140103
24-10-2003, 10:08 AM
> So if I just delete the whole lot from the server and
> upload it all again that would probably fix it?

You can try uploading the photos again because some of the photos my of not upload correctly....

Or if you still get the white box with a red cross on the inside then it sound like you have not link up the photos correctly

Are all the photos like this: images/photo.jpg? If not then I suggest you make a folder on your hdd called "images "(so you know where all your image files are :)) & stick them all in there & use the above code to link the photos :)

Hope this helps

>(I did do some editing on the page last night)
> Was just baffled why it showed perfectly on one
> version of Explorer (98) but not on the more up to
> date at work.

Donít you mean win 98???? Not Internet Explore 98? I dot think there is a browser called Internet explore 98.

Fire-and-Ice
24-10-2003, 10:15 AM
There are quite a few reasons why this has happened. The links to the pictures could be still pointing to where they are on your hard drive rather than where they are on the ISP's webserver. Or the pictures may not have been uploaded to the website but are actually still on your hard drive.

There is no need to delete the whole lot and upload again, just look at the .html pages on which the pictures are missing and ensure the links are correct and the pictures in the right folder on the webserver.

One more possibility is that your work's network has blocked the pictures for some reason. You can check if this is the case from a computer at a different location.