PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Xpress Stationary

Happy Harry
22-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi Guys and Gals

I'm running XPPro OLX 6 and Office 97
What I would like to do, is create stationary in OLX that has a table imbedded in it, with headings.
When I open this stationary, I wish to be able to enter data into the columns and then tab to the next column and enter data there.
At the moment I have a table set up in a Word doc and I copy from there and paste to OLX and then fill in the table.
I have tried to save this word doc as an htm doc in the stationary folder but OLX is unable to open it.
Any ideas/hints please

Cheers
HH

tommy
22-10-2003, 07:48 PM
I am not experienced with this kind of thing but you may need to create a stationery template with Outlook Express with your table inserted and save it as stationery. To create stationery go to Message, New Message Using, Select Stationery, Create New and follow the Wizard. After the running the wizard open a new message with the new stationery and try copying your table and pasting it into the message. When done go to File, Save as Stationery. Hopefully this will work for you.

Happy Harry
23-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the reply TOMMY
I tried that but without any success.
When I SAVE AS Stationary it strips out the table and when I reopen the stationary I am left with a blank page.

Thanks anyway

WalOne
23-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Maybe cause you save it as "Stationary" OLX doesn't do anything with it, i.e. the program grinds to a halt, doesn't go anywhere, do anything, shows a blank screen.

Try "stationery" - it could change it. No promises of course. Just kidding :)