PDA

View Full Version : Rugby 2004 PC-Avoid

metla
22-10-2003, 03:58 PM
4.2 at gamespot.Terrible score,and ive played the game and think they were being far to generous.The game is worthless,i wouldn't recomend it if it was free.Please people,don't reward this sort of product by buying the game.

Heres what gamespot had to say...

-Rugby 2004, seems so subpar--it just isn't important on EA's home turf.
-Graphically dated, poorly presented, and too darned tedious and repetitive
-certainly won't convince newbies that the sport makes a worthy computer game.
-Out of the chute, Rugby 2004 looks both bad and rushed

It goes on and on and has nothing good to say about the game.

I myself noticed that during the training...their are no instructions...none...just silence,i couldn't even figure out how to pick the ball up from the back of the scrum......

I hope pcworld review this game and rip it to shreds.

parry
22-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Damn, Ive been waiting for the PC version to come out and now its crap! Whats people say about the Playstation version. Maybe its just another piss poor conversion from console to PC?

metla
22-10-2003, 04:14 PM
I believe the ps2 version was graded higher but of course the bar is set lower for the console.

And yeah,it looks,and plays like a terrible console port.

I find it amazing they just didn't use their Madden 2004 game as a base.Surely that would have resulted in a superior game.

I'm now putting my focus on Stacy Jones Rugby leauge,which is also due for release soon,and features up to 8 players...

Lohsing
22-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Yup... terrible game, rushed out with so many bugs it plays more like a beta version than anything. Expect Stacy Jones league to rule though!

Cheers,

Lo.