PDA

View Full Version : Power Search toolbar

Jack Ponting
18-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Can anyone tell me how to remove this? The install site says to use Windows Add/Remove programs. I tried this with key words provided but nothing matches. So I emailed the site operators (sir search?) only to find that their typed email does not exist. I don't like having 8mm taken away from my viewing screen by something I didn't even order. (I think my wife clicked "make this your home page" and it grew from there. Thanks for any help, in advance. - Jack

Thomas
19-10-2003, 07:33 AM
hijack;) is that a google tool bar or an independant one?

Chris Randal
19-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Have you tried Adaware or Spybot?

Thomas
19-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Is it stating the obvious that you try removing from control panel...add and remove??

Steve Askew
19-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Have a look here (http://www.free-web-browsers.com/browser_extensions.shtml?32t)

Cheers Steve

Jack Ponting
19-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks you guys/gals?
I had tried the Control Panel/Ad/Remove programs but to no avail.
I ran Adaware also to no avail.
I downloaded and installed NoAdware and came up with 12 identities which I wasn't able to directly identify with the toolbar so I didn't part with $20US (I'm a scrooge).
But what was most helpful was the suggestion to open the toolbar display option and untick the power search toolbar.
I know this doesn't uninstall it, however I've now my desired 8mm of viewing window back. Cheers - Jack

Susan B
19-10-2003, 10:11 AM
You might like to try Spybot as that is quite often very successful at removing these things, and then preventing them being installed in the first place.