PDA

View Full Version : OT - LOTR movie marathon

Mike
17-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Something like 99 cities in the US are getting a LOTR marathon before the launch of the new movie... you get to sit through the first two movies and then the third is launched (and yeah you get to sit through that one as well). 11 hours of movie all at once :) Sounds like fun :D

It would be a good sell here, but I dunno if it'd happen.

Full story is here.

Mike.

Jen C
17-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Heck - 11 hours in one go :O

You would have serious numb-bum syndrome after that!

nz_liam
17-10-2003, 09:40 PM
11 Hours, that'd be killer B-), I would defiantly do something like that if it happened here :D

PoWa
17-10-2003, 09:46 PM
They did that for the re-released starwars episodes (4,5,6). I'm guessing they'll do it for this and Matrix series too (hopefully) :O I'd pay to see all 3 in a row on Imax!

nz_liam
17-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Yep the Imax is great, especially considering its 500m down the road :D

csinclair83
17-10-2003, 10:19 PM
tickets for that wasnt more than $20 but they have been found on ebay for nearly $500

i hope they do this in nz too...it would make good money i;m sure

anyway am off 2 watch the all blacks play cricket with canada (they gonna get a cricket score)

Susan B
18-10-2003, 03:40 PM
> 11 hours of movie all at once :)
> Sounds like fun :D

You have got to be joking! :O

11 hours..... stuff that! Three hours in one cramped seat is bad enough. :-(

PoWa
18-10-2003, 03:46 PM
NZ_Liam, do you know if they are still screening matrix reloaded on the IMAX in auckland? Have they got plans to screen Revolutions on it? And if so, will they be screening it near the end of January 2004?

I can't find their website, so your info will be valuable :)

csinclair83
18-10-2003, 03:53 PM
i thought dvds are released after they at the theatres?

but seems like with imax after reading some comments that they are there after dvds released?

The_Banned_One
18-10-2003, 04:08 PM
LOL, I agree with Susan B -

Half an hour of LOTR would be enuf for me. The most seriously overrated load of tripe I have ever seen

Even Coro St is more enthralling

The_Banned_One
18-10-2003, 04:17 PM
If LOTR was made it Australia, everyone would think it was nothing great.
The Academy dosen't think much of it either. Wheres the Oscar everyone raved on about that Jackson would get?????

Susan B
18-10-2003, 04:24 PM
> LOL, I agree with Susan B -

> Half an hour of LOTR would be enuf for me. The most seriously overrated load of tripe I have ever seen

Er..... I was referring to the amount of time sitting in one place ("numb bum") rather than the quality of the movie. ;-)

Danger
18-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Several of the nine Oscars these movies have recieved are sitting on display at Weta workshops, I've seen them.

Susan B
18-10-2003, 07:22 PM
> Several of the nine Oscars these movies have recieved are sitting on display at Weta workshops, I've seen them.

I wonder who won those? ;-)

beetle
18-10-2003, 08:26 PM
whats IMAX?

?:|

beetle

Susan B
18-10-2003, 08:46 PM
> whats IMAX?

http://www.imax.com.au/about.asp

PoWa
18-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Sometime I wonder what planet you've been living on beetle :D

Imax is a huge theatre thats like 4x the size of a regular theatre. Think of the layout of 4 normal theatres, and then join them like this:
+ +
+ +
and you have imax. (At least thats what I can remember - it might not be that big) haha.

Usually they only show boring stuff on it, but if they get cool movies like the matrix on it, then it really rules.

beetle
18-10-2003, 08:58 PM
well i think im from this one, if i find out different ill let you know... :D

most of the time i feel like im on another planet though.... cant understand everyones gobblede gook..... :p

beetle

stu140103
18-10-2003, 09:04 PM
And the imax in Auckland has closed down a few months back...

But The imax centre with those other movie theatre are still open.

PoWa
19-10-2003, 01:48 AM
> And the imax in Auckland has closed down a few months back...
> But The imax centre with those other movie theatre are still open.

What! nooo! For real? No more imax movies :( man I was really looking forward to seeing revolutions on such a huge screen. //

stu140103
19-10-2003, 10:50 AM
> > And the imax in Auckland has closed down a few
> months back...
> > But The imax centre with those other movie theatre
> are still open.
>
> What! nooo! For real?

Yep ** Goes and finds the old news on this**

> No more imax movies :( man I
> was really looking forward to seeing revolutions on
>such a huge screen. //

Susan B
19-10-2003, 10:51 AM
> Sometime I wonder what planet you've been living on beetle

Well it isn't your one, is it PoWa? It must be a bit lonely living on the moon. :D

stu140103
19-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Correct: ( I should of get my facts right before posting :8} :8})

The imax centre did close down last year
see
Imax theatre shuts down (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/entertainmentstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=1391632&thesection=entertainment&thesubsection=film&thesecondsubsection=general)
&

Lights go out at giant-screen cinema (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/businessstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=1391588&thesection=business&thesubsection=latest&thesecondsubsection=)

But the thing is it reopened in May of this year

Imax reopens in Auckland (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/latestnewsstory.cfm?storyID=3502005&thesection=news&thesubsection=general&thesecondsubsection=latest)

But I have not heard any more on this if it is still open or not.

But nz_liam might be able to tell us :)

The_Banned_One
19-10-2003, 01:12 PM
> > LOL, I agree with Susan B -
>
> > Half an hour of LOTR would be enuf for me. The most
> seriously overrated load of tripe I have ever seen
>
> Er..... I was referring to the amount of time sitting
> in one place ("numb bum") rather than the quality of
> the movie. ;-)

Careful, sumone got BANNED for using the word Bum on a previous posts. There are some people who don,t like that sort of foul language

PoWa
19-10-2003, 02:23 PM
> Well it isn't your one, is it PoWa? It must be a bit lonely living on the moon.

Nope not at all. My team of intelligent scientists and I are having fun exploring the far side of the moon, where no human has ever been before. We've made an amazing discovery but sorry, we can't tell you what we've found - its classified. :D

Thanks for digging that up Stu. Hope still remains! :) Now where is Liam to tell us whats going on :p

Scouse
19-10-2003, 02:57 PM
I hate to rain on the LOR parade but I walked out after two hours of the first episode. Bought the book. Bought the tape at Warehouse, then bought the tape for the second. Somehow have not worked up the enthusiasm to read or watch either. I'm obviously not making some essential connection here.

beetle
19-10-2003, 03:09 PM
oooh found me found me !!!!!
looking into space / astronomy searching for my plannet.... :D

theres a star called Betelgeuse pronounced >>> beetle juice.... :p

so it may be where i come from....
named after my star of course..

:p

so there.....
and if you beleive that you beleive anything

beetle :D